Hello & hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow fierce D300S as first cam :p Good choice, D300S is the best of Nikon DX series. You din't research Lens price before you buy? From what i have asked the shops, Nikon lens are slightly more ex than Canon. Anyway good lens don't come cheap, it can cost as much as the body itself

I didn't realize the lens price was different :( All the while i thought the prices is relative close due to competition for both brands. Think is too late to turn back...hahahah.

Hi iamhui,

Wow.. i salute you. First DSLR u buy the best of Nikon DX series.. :cool: Why din't you consider Pentax? K-7 is awesome and save your money in pocket to buy more lenses.. ;p

Yeah Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 is sharp but lack of contrast compared to Nikkor n Sigma. If you like sharp images, choose Tokina 11-16mm, if you love saturated colour then choose Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 or 10-20mm F4-5,6 over Nikkor cox cheaper la. ;p Money not an issue then Nikkor 10-24mm will be the best of all.

Lastly, Warm welcome to CS..

Cheers! :cool:

Hi velovictor,
Thanks... is a gifts from wife. :) All the while I was looking at the Canon50D(6 month back) and I did not get it due to other commitment and work(no time). So she decide to buy me as a present for our wedding anniversary, birthday and christmas which I longed for a DSLR. Either one i would be happy.

Tokina 11-16 & Nikkor 10-24 is quite pricy. What about Tokina 12-24 f4 compare to Tameron 10-24?

Welcome to CS iamhui!!!

Have fun here..!!!
Shot more and post more too..!!!
that will help you to improve.... ;)

Hi Rubber Duck,
Yes.. will shot more and hope to join some outing and learn more from you guys :)

WOW ur wife loves you so much!!! :lovegrin:

I've got a theory in mind. Camera Body is like a software.. you will change it over the years.. as the bodies will upgrade to be better n better, for eg megapixel issues.
Where lens is like a hardware.. where over the years you still keep it and use it..
Hence, invest in camera lenses than body.. save your money on body but not lens. ;)

Get a good lens and you may pass on to your children in future... over the years you will sure change the camera body and if u really don wish to change the body, time will tell you to change the body as it will die one day. :bsmilie:

Lastly, ask yourself will you upgrade to Full frame(FF) in future, if yes, then don buy too much DX lens as you will need to sell off in future at a lost. If not, then u can buy more DX lens as it is cheaper compared to FF lens. ;)

Btw Tokina 11-16mm is really good lens. I want it but no money to buy yet.. :cry:

Hi All,

AIPO dry cabinet (48L) received last night. Just set up the little black box with RH@40% as recommend in the manual book.
Now waiting for the desire number to appear... :)

Rich guy spotted!!! :bigeyes::bsmilie:

Rich guy spotted!!! :bigeyes::bsmilie:

No rich guy... AIPO & DIGI price is close.. BUT i like the full black look and the comment on both is OKIE.. just like canon or nikon, nikon or canon.;)

WOW ur wife loves you so much!!! :lovegrin:

I've got a theory in mind. Camera Body is like a software.. you will change it over the years.. as the bodies will upgrade to be better n better, for eg megapixel issues.
Where lens is like a hardware.. where over the years you still keep it and use it..
Hence, invest in camera lenses than body.. save your money on body but not lens. ;)

Get a good lens and you may pass on to your children in future... over the years you will sure change the camera body and if u really don wish to change the body, time will tell you to change the body as it will die one day. :bsmilie:

Lastly, ask yourself will you upgrade to Full frame(FF) in future, if yes, then don buy too much DX lens as you will need to sell off in future at a lost. If not, then u can buy more DX lens as it is cheaper compared to FF lens.

Btw Tokina 11-16mm is really good lens. I want it but no money to buy yet.. :cry:

thanks for your theory,
BTW, what's the price for TOKINA 11-16mm??
Did a search but can't find :confused:

market price ard $940-$990. Parisilk e-quote me $841 which is :bigeyes: maybe u can check with them.. ;)

Hi All,
The AIPO dry cabinet does not reach 40 after 12 hours since last night? Last display show 43.
Is there any problem with this?? or because the weather for last night is too cold?
Does it matters when the fan was blowing direct to it?
Usually it took 2 hours to stabilize to the desire setting as mention in the manual book and what I read in the forums?
Please help.

Thanks

Actually a RH of 43 is fine. In fact a range of 40-50 should be ok. It isnt uncommon for stabilized reading to be higher than what u set it to cos it really depends on quite a number of factors. Don't lose too much sleep over it, ur dry cab's working fine ;)

Actually a RH of 43 is fine. In fact a range of 40-50 should be ok. It isnt uncommon for stabilized reading to be higher than what u set it to cos it really depends on quite a number of factors. Don't lose too much sleep over it, ur dry cab's working fine ;)

Hmmmm..is been 3 days.. RH still remain near 50.. never reach 43. Not too sure because due to the raining days. Will try to monitor tonight :) thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.