Have you ever gotten a RUDE comment in clubsnap?

Ever gotten a RUDE comment in clubsnap?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Your comments as well as those of others are valid and mind-boggling diverse, and I truly respect them.. I guess the question is what each one of us wants out of the rest of the CS forums, not counting B&S and Kopitiam :D

-- marios

It really depends, like many had mentioned, CS is a big community.

Mr B might felt that Mr A should do some self-critique before posting up photo to waste everyone time.

Mr B might want Mr A to further explain why he shot it this way but Mr B is not very good in expressing himself.

Mr B had been noticing Mr A only interested in uploading bulk of snap-shots.

Mr B is just expressing his view but he just put it too blunt.

or Mr B is just plain rube to pick on Mr A.

In another way

Mr A should be accept C&C with open heart, but he choose to rebuke.

Mr A should just ignore Mr B and he choose to attack back.

Mr A felt very hurt on the comments that why he comment back in a harsh way.

or Mr A just want to heard sugar-coated comments.

:):)

not really lay, sometime when u do / see / read / smell / taste / hear / feel something, there is a feeling something is not right but dont know how to put it in words.

Then, that person should either write "I'm not sure what's wrong but the photo does feel right to me." instead of "done badly", which says nothing useful.

On the other hand, if Mr A cannot take criticism of any sort. Then why bother to ask for comments? I do noticed that a lot of Cser who put up photos for critics only expect the below comments

- nice
- :thumbsup:

I've seen people ask for constructive criticism and get such a ridiculous comment. It's not constructive by any stretch of the imagination.

:) Obvious is what you know. If they knew they wouldn't be doing it wrong (unless they are lazy in which case I won't bother getting involved at all), so they need to learn.. so - at least for me - I feel l want to tell them so that they will learn and then it will be obvious to them :)

what if they are obviously not receptive to comments?

then just add my 2 cents, maybe with more people saying that the photo is not good, they will listen. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Do you know that when ppl are NICE to you they don't really care? NICE is the acronym for Nothing Inside Cares Enough

So those who really care gives you hell like your parents:bsmilie:

In this case, Mr B should not comment.

How can sharing of pictures be wasting other pple's time? Unless there is spamming/multiple threads spawned..

I guess viewer should not harbor any "expectation" when they click on a general thread. If the pictures inside it pleases him, that's a bonus. If not, try another.. as simple as that.

hmm.. On the other hand, maybe CS should create a new "Guaranteed good pictures" section. Then anyone who feels that their work is super can post there. If it is not up to expectation, then prepare to be bombed..

so those who only wants to see good pictures.. just go to that section and not others where quality is not guaranteed.

Mr B might felt that Mr A should do some self-critique before posting up photo to waste everyone time.

On the other hand, if Mr A cannot take criticism of any sort. Then why bother to ask for comments? I do noticed that a lot of Cser who put up photos for critics only expect the below comments

- nice
- :thumbsup:

Your comments as well as those of others are valid and mind-boggling diverse, and I truly respect them.. I guess the question is what each one of us wants out of the rest of the CS forums, not counting B&S and Kopitiam :D

-- marios

Then, that person should either write "I'm not sure what's wrong but the photo does feel right to me." instead of "done badly", which says nothing useful.

I've seen people ask for constructive criticism and get such a ridiculous comment. It's not constructive by any stretch of the imagination.

In this case, Mr B should not comment.

How can sharing of pictures be wasting other pple's time? Unless there is spamming/multiple threads spawned..

I guess viewer should not harbor any "expectation" when they click on a general thread. If the pictures inside it pleases him, that's a bonus. If not, try another.. as simple as that.

hmm.. On the other hand, maybe CS should create a new "Guaranteed good pictures" section. Then anyone who feels that their work is super can post there. If it is not up to expectation, then prepare to be bombed..

so those who only wants to see good pictures.. just go to that section and not others where quality is not guaranteed.

That why it is very subjective. :)

Or like one of the CSer, lock the thread immediately. :)

I am more ticked off by dumb people than rude people :angry:

hmmm.. why so? I would think being dumb is less of a conscious choice than being rude.

In any community there will be those that are outright abrasive by nature or just plain born-to-flame/bait and those that are too nice and even too helpful.......... and the majority who are in between these 2 ends

The people who horn u on the roads or show the finger are unlikely to do the same when walking on the roads.

Bulk of the folks who are perpetually abrasive on internet are not going to be as outspokenly abrasive when they meet you one on one on the streets. They are probably really nice passionate chappies but too tempted by the veil of anonymity on the internet to make rude remarks. After all it takes quite a personality to be nice even when no one is looking.

So ya dun take it too personally..

ryan

Bulk of the folks who are perpetually abrasive on internet are not going to be as outspokenly abrasive when they meet you one on one on the streets. They are probably really nice passionate chappies but too tempted by the veil of anonymity on the internet to make rude remarks. After all it takes quite a personality to be nice even when no one is looking.

i am a little lamb irl. :angel::angel::angel:

erm, mehhhhhhh

yeah... to prevent any negative comments... :bsmilie:

then wads the point. one u post here, means ppl are gonna shoot u. just bear with it and learn from it lor. u cant do much anyways:rolleyes:

then wads the point. one u post here, means ppl are gonna shoot u. just bear with it and learn from it lor. u cant do much anyways:rolleyes:

Ask the person in question...

I've seen it happen... :)

they probably just wanna show off the shots without giving ppl the chance to comment negatively. :dunno:

Ask the person in question...

I've seen it happen... :)

they probably just wanna show off the shots without giving ppl the chance to comment negatively. :dunno:

then they realise that no one will bother looking lor... if ur good, or u wanna learn, u wont be doing that.

then again, ppl giving comments must also be tactful. sometimes i also jump the gun when i'm not so happy, which in this case its my error lor:)

then again, ppl giving comments must also be tactful. sometimes i also jump the gun when i'm not so happy, which in this case its my error lor:)

I applaud and kowtow to:mad2: you for acknowledging and knowing that when u are unhappy and jumped the gun, it is your fault. I really pity those who dont know.

I believe constructive criticism is not saying that one is wrong, but explaining why he is wrong.

Wait, maybe this rude person is a rival from another website/ forum? maybe there is conspiracy going on, a message within the rude remarks for a fellow terrorist? OMG!! :bsmilie::hung:

hmmm.. why so? I would think being dumb is less of a conscious choice than being rude.

I should say, perfectly intelligent people who decide to act dumb; post dumb replies, start dumb threads, etc.