Guidelines: Critique Corner Postings

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old brain is not so bad after all! Managed to downsize the files. But no PS adjustments yet!

Problem:

I looked up the thread by Darren on "Users Guide to Posting Images in Clubsnap Forums". When I clicked "upload" I was directed to choose a category. But there was no category for "Critique". How do I post an image to this subforum?

You could try hosting your images on free sites like www.photobucket.com, and hot-link it in your post by clicking on the "insert image" button on the new thread, or you could manually type

there's no right or wrong in photography. Just stuffs you either like or dislike. Why not just have a subforum where pictures are just posted for viewing pleasures?

telling you how to improve a photo is like telling you how I'd shoot it. What's the point? As if anyone's gonna follow-up on that.

And a minimum of 30 words for a "proper" critique? You kidding right?

LimCB said:
there's no right or wrong in photography. Just stuffs you either like or dislike.

this forum was set up in response to some clubsnappers who bemoan the lack of comments/critique on the photos they posted in the galleries. anyone who posts a photo here will be guaranteed comments/critique.

Why not just have a subforum where pictures are just posted for viewing pleasures?

the subforum you mention already exists. it's called "clubsnap galleries".

telling you how to improve a photo is like telling you how I'd shoot it. What's the point? As if anyone's gonna follow-up on that.

it's feedback to the person posting the photo. it's up to him/her to decide whether there are any learning points in the critique, and whether to assimilate it or not.

30 words is a general guideline to encourage a more in-depth critique, rather than a superficial one.

LimCB said:
there's no right or wrong in photography. Just stuffs you either like or dislike. Why not just have a subforum where pictures are just posted for viewing pleasures?

look up other forums...some prefer to have critics and viewing in one subforum, some prefer to have them separated. one for viewing and on off critic, and another for those hard critics only.

a 90 word passage about a photo must then be a very very indepth and most likely helpful critique, I presume.

LimCB said:
a 90 word passage about a photo must then be a very very indepth and most likely helpful critique, I presume.

if you want to write 90 words, so much the better! :bsmilie:

Reminder to members who want to post in Critique Corner.

Please post only ONE image per thread so that others can give feedback. If there are more than ONE image posted by the threadstarter, we will move the thread to an appropriate Gallery sub-section.

Please adhere to the guidelines to ensure that the spirit and flavor of Critique Corner is maintained.

Suggestion to members posting in Critique Corner. Please give an appropriate title to your thread and ask relevant questions in the post. That way you can help to focus the discussions on the picture, which I assume should be your intention in posting in the Critique Corner anyway.

For example, if you post a macro shot of an insect and title it "Help me identify this insect", and put text like "Found this insect floating in my soup when eating at XXX restaurant", you will invite a lot of OT discussions and dilute the focus on giving good critique to help you improve.

If your intention was really to get help in identifying an insect what whatever you have photographed, then I feel that the best place for such posts is Kopitiam.

Reminder

A short writeup is compulsory for every picture posted for critique.

Pictures posted without a short writeup and does not include any or all of the following will be deleted without notice:-

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.

Also, please only post ONE picture per thread - this is to allow adequate feedback on images posted for critique.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.