Guess it's time ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot in real Black and White film and develope them yourself. Using a fully mechanical camera. Forces you not to be a casual snapper and get more involved in the basics of photography. And don't look back. I guess when u are using digital one tends to shoot more shots since it is free and can burn out an individual.

Originally posted by SniperD
.... to stop photography altogether for me.... at least until I refresh myself with newer viewpoints and perspectives...

I find myself been taking too many very common shots and just can't break that barrier to go beyond. Still very immature in the world of photography so need a lot of polishing, starting with the mind.

SO it's gonna be the last SEED i'm gonna attend next wednesday.. hee hee....

Hope I can start posting up quality shots when I'm back from this creativity block I'm facing

;)

I think you should take a drastic measure to cure you mental block. Sell all you photography equipment and embark on meditation splendour to bring zen to your life. I think best place to get Zen for YOU is to meditate under the Jurong waterfalls at JBP.

Originally posted by Knighthunter
I think you should take a drastic measure to cure you mental block. Sell all you photography equipment and embark on meditation splendour to bring zen to your life. I think best place to get Zen for YOU is to meditate under the Jurong waterfalls at JBP.

enlighten :what:

i would think not selling the camera .. but burn the cameras instead .... a new camera will emerge from the ashes ...

in return , more powerful than 1Ds and D1x ... and will upgrade your skills to the highest level ...

:D

Originally posted by SniperD
hehh.. did you go and buy?? ;p

no time !! either in office or eating !!

sigh ... going to miss this time ... never will try again tomorrow and the day after and the other ... :D

I realised that whenever I go shooting, I cannot anticipate for the moment and more often than not, I ended up missing the angle.

As a result, I tend to get upset and go trigger-happy (or in this case, shutter-happy) and quickly depressing the shutter without waiting for the AF to get a good "green lock" and more often that not, Due to the fast pace of the shoot, there was no time to think and plonder over the subject you are shooting and the lightning conditions, the framing...etc and adjust accordingly.

My shots tend to suffer from over/under exposed, camera shake, poor timing..etc
Makes me feel the "good" shots left, are taken based on pure luck and auto-features rather than skill. :(

Reminds me of the days of shooting in the range when I was in army.
You have to control your breathing and your grip, minimise the "shake" of the rifle and anticipate the target and fire at the right moment.

Originally posted by newuser
I realised that whenever I go shooting, I cannot anticipate for the moment and more often than not, I ended up missing the angle.

As a result, I tend to get upset and go trigger-happy (or in this case, shutter-happy) and quickly depressing the shutter without waiting for the AF to get a good "green lock" and more often that not, Due to the fast pace of the shoot, there was no time to think and plonder over the subject you are shooting and the lightning conditions, the framing...etc and adjust accordingly.

Makes me feel the "good" shots left, are taken based on pure luck and auto-features rather than skill. :(

You have to control your breathing and your grip, minimise the "shake" of the rifle and anticipate the target and fire at the right moment.

Put your camera to Single-Servo drive to prevent premature shutter realese before subject in AF. But for action/fast paced subject you need Dynamic/Continous-Servo drive just ave to practice a lot to syncronize your finger and eyes to guess when the subject will be in focus. Sometime I also find I don't have time to see the AF dot on before I press the shutter so use SWAG!

Originally posted by newuser

you will need practice .. and given a non dslr ; it will prove more difficult coz, you often have to expand certain no of shots before you learn ...

sometimes, you have to study your object .. know how it is thinking and what is the likely next course of action ; with practice and experience ; think you will be good to capture that "moment"

dun think most of your shots are bad ; fotos are meant to tell a story ... try to develop a style on your own ; then work on that style using different settings etc ... sometimes, blur image is champion shots too =)

pure luck ? ha i guess you are correct .. it takes a careful and creative eyes to take good shots ... and it is easy to take good shots even with A70 or P&S cam ... but totake the shots you want ; sometimes is not easy :(

Originally posted by oceanxp
you will need practice .. and given a non dslr ; it will prove more difficult coz, you often have to expand certain no of shots before you learn ...

sometimes, you have to study your object .. know how it is thinking and what is the likely next course of action ; with practice and experience ; think you will be good to capture that "moment"

dun think most of your shots are bad ; fotos are meant to tell a story ... try to develop a style on your own ; then work on that style using different settings etc ... sometimes, blur image is champion shots too =)

pure luck ? ha i guess you are correct .. it takes a careful and creative eyes to take good shots ... and it is easy to take good shots even with A70 or P&S cam ... but totake the shots you want ; sometimes is not easy :(

I guess given my level of skill. Even if I was using a DSLR like 10D or D100, I would be taking poor pictures.

Sometimes, I feel it's my impatience and over-zealous that is causing it, typical newbie. Gotta calm down and take it easy.

Anyway, Just gotten my 717 in Mar 03, so I guess 3 months isn't a lot of time spent with it. Though according to the counter, it has taken over 1000 shots.

Will keep shooting with it, till "I am one with the camera" :D

Thanks to Knighthunter and oceanxp for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.