GST...

Status
Not open for further replies.
as long as wages are sufficient to cover inflation can stand, inflation rising faster than wages, cannot stand. :bsmilie:

do we have local equivalent to Japan's working poor? woking & earning but not enough to buy/rent a roof over their heads?:think: today's ST papers got an article on them.

those spending more are,

-people who usually earn more, they already have to pay more in income tax,
-they are subsidizing the poor with their contributions and
-they are helping the economy by spending.

u want to tax them more?

my suggestion is to tax the poor fairly to discourage them from staying poor.
help them to learn to stand on their own rather than treating them like beggars.

may i suggest too that Russell's 'in praise of idleness' as a course book for all?

I see your points.

The theory is spent within you mean and spent only on the essential. If you decided to spend more because you have the extra or spare cash then you must be prepared to pay more.

Again in theory, it is not good for the economy. If everybody goes the neighbourhood barber shop, $8 to $10 a cut than what will happen to the rest. But again there are people who are prepared to spend more than $10 for a haircut!

Mobile phone can cost from $0 to few hundred dollars depending on the package. There are some out there who is still using mono phone and there those who claim to have no money but using the latest model.

Nothing is free. The poor needs to eat so he pays for the food. He does not need a car so he does not buy a car. etc etc etc...

Do you choose the basic or the power package?

.....the choice is yours.

yes the choice is ultimately mine. but everytime i see responses to recommendation for gears here, there will always be those who reply with top of the range recommendations. save in the long run true lah, but initial sprint for premium goods already :faint:! :bsmilie:

yes the choice is ultimately mine. but everytime i see responses to recommendation for gears here, there will always be those who reply with top of the range recommendations. save in the long run true lah, but initial sprint for premium goods already :faint:! :bsmilie:

I pay $8 for my haircut as I see no different going to.... and pay $35. I know it is even cheaper if you go 'overseas'.

However for safety reason, I would pay the original for my car.

It is you who decide.

Everybody happy paying GST?

You mad izzit?....:bsmilie::sweatsm:

U are right... dont why I ask this question... I must be mad to ask this question...

No pay... no school... no policeman... no money... no proper housing... no proper medical care.... no road to drive my car... no army to fight for me... no....

simple = go JB, mass buy stuffs, resources done. :D

I pay $8 for my haircut as I see no different going to.... and pay $35. I know it is even cheaper if you go 'overseas'.

However for safety reason, I would pay the original for my car.

It is you who decide.

cars are not really essential items ler, if u r shopping for large pure diamond up to u oso mah. there r many frills in life 1 can do without.

but up to a point i get wad i pay for lah. have to be a savy shopper! :lovegrin:

It is even better to stay there and then pay their tax.

I don't shop there.

I collect the dividens given,about $4000 per person for a 3-room flat, and shop within Singapore. However I don't object people BBB in JB.

Make your money in Singapore and spend in J.... That's why you see so many people crossing into Singapore every morning. But without them, many industries would come to a stand still! e.g. during CNY.

It is a win-win siutation.. agree?

cars are not really essential items ler, if u r shopping for large pure diamond up to u oso mah. there r many frills in life 1 can do without.

but up to a point i get wad i pay for lah. have to be a savy shopper! :lovegrin:

Economy not too good. So the car sale will drop? COE down... so less GST collection. The last round for smaller car, COE went below $10,000.

Do you think it will go further(down)?:dunno:

not sure. u eyeing on a small car? ;p

i oni got 2 kah... :sweat:

I get socked with a 10% GST here, plus insane income tax rates depending on my wages.

such is life, that there are two constants in life. death, and the tax man. heh.

not sure. u eyeing on a small car? ;p

i oni got 2 kah... :sweat:

Hope to book one soon. waiting for the saleman to give me more discount... any recommendation?

I get socked with a 10% GST here, plus insane income tax rates depending on my wages.

such is life, that there are two constants in life. death, and the tax man. heh.

Time is the only factor. We will reach 10% or even more.

It maybe the fairest way to tax a person.

Remember no tax = no police, no army, no school, no road, ..... no.... no ERP!:bsmilie::bsmilie::dunno:

Time is the only factor. We will reach 10% or even more.

It maybe the fairest way to tax a person.

Remember no tax = no police, no army, no school, no road, ..... no.... no ERP!:bsmilie::bsmilie::dunno:

and there will be chaos xD

Hope to book one soon. waiting for the saleman to give me more discount... any recommendation?

nope, got no recommendation. but just remind u ERP got no discount, or its not heard b4... :sweatsm:

nope, got no recommendation. but just remind u ERP got no discount, or its not heard b4... :sweatsm:

Traffic jam is not only bad for the car, it also waste energy.

I hate the jam.. I rather pay

Traffic jam is not only bad for the car, it also waste energy.

I hate the jam.. I rather pay
Paying is not the problem... paying increasing ERP rates and still got jam is. :bsmilie:

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.