Great Eastern'w 4th Photo Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
all winners must submit their nonreturnable
negatives or transparencies, or original highresolution
digital image files (minimum 2000x1600 pixels) of
their winning entries to Great Eastern for publicity purposes.
abit too much ? :nono:

denis said:
all winners must submit their nonreturnable
negatives or transparencies, or original highresolution
digital image files (minimum 2000x1600 pixels) of
their winning entries to Great Eastern for publicity purposes.
abit too much ? :nono:
i think the one about the film neg. and transparencies is way too much... for digital image files... not really...

haha...if they want i scan the film and give it to them as digital...dun care...i will keep my film at all costs...

DarkForce said:
Fear not, it is supported by the The Photographic Society of Singapore
http://www.pss1950.org/events.php :D

erm... so what if it is "supported" by the PSS?

IMO, all the more the PSS should advise on the photographer's rights. Otherwise, PSS is only a name they can use as a heavy-weight to make the contest seem more professional.

engineermunn said:

IMO, all the more the PSS should advise on the photographer's rights. Otherwise, PSS is only a name they can use as a heavy-weight to make the contest seem more professional.
Well first thing first, the rules said that the 8R sized photos go in first then if you win then you send in your originals so if there is any descrepency, the winners are the ultimate losers...

engineermunn said:

Ya. no big due but still better than no support right ?

Guys, I've never taken part in any of these competitions before, so I don't really follow/understand the issues with those rules, on 'do whatever they want with the entries', 'send negatives', etc, not to mention the rights of the photographer.

Would anyone enlighten me please? :)

tamade said:
Guys, I've never taken part in any of these competitions before, so I don't really follow/understand the issues with those rules, on 'do whatever they want with the entries', 'send negatives', etc, not to mention the rights of the photographer.

Would anyone enlighten me please? :)

This means you lose all rights to use the photography commercially under your name. In the event if someone wants to buy your shot, you won't be able to sell because this photo, legally speaking, does not belong to you anymore. They will have to approach GEL to buy it.

Also, it also means that GEL is able to use or sell your photograph without paying you. Neither you can demand a fee for it because by taking part in the competition, you are bounded by a contract to grant them all copyright to the photo according to the rules and conditions stated in the entry form.

Technically speaking, it means that GEL hired you on an assignment. For free or not, it depends whether you win any price or not. :D

Ohhhhh, I get it! I guess they might wanna use the winning photos as their promotional/publicity materials for free then...

Thanks for the reply! :D

Ah Pao said:
This means you lose all rights to use the photography commercially under your name. In the event if someone wants to buy your shot, you won't be able to sell because this photo, legally speaking, does not belong to you anymore. They will have to approach GEL to buy it.

Also, it also means that GEL is able to use or sell your photograph without paying you. Neither you can demand a fee for it because by taking part in the competition, you are bounded by a contract to grant them all copyright to the photo according to the rules and conditions stated in the entry form.

Technically speaking, it means that GEL hired you on an assignment. For free or not, it depends whether you win any price or not. :D

Hmm, can't we look at it as they buy our photo for 10000 bucks if we win??
1 negative? hell, I'll give them 5 rolls if they buy my pics for 10000 bucks :bsmilie:

Hi guys, where can I find any update on this competition?? like winner list and stuffs? I went to their website but couldn't find any link to this photo competition.

Thanks for the info, cheers :)

Winner is Liew Tong Leng... again! :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

Announcement in Today and Straits Times paper (Life section, pg 2)

Congrats Liew! ;)

GYR

Hi gymrat,

is it in today's ST Life! section? I dun see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.