GR Limited Edition with Wood Grip and Metallic Vintage Green Body.

Oooooo.... Looks like dealer took it out for separate sales to earn more. ;)
Looks like you have gotta drop Ricoh an email with details of the retailer.

Can u prove that? Were you personally aggrieved cos u bought one?

Or do you just like to make baseless accusations and allegations?

Look around. Read properly. All the GR special edition kits being sold in all the usual online shops do not mention the hand-strap. From the looks of it, the ones sold in SG shops also dun have.

The one I bought from a reliable dealer in Europe also did not include a handstrap.

The "premium accessories" stated in online listings only includes the matching adapter + hood, Brown leather case and brown leather neck-strap.

It may be that the original press release is wrong to begin with. Or they just decided to change it for the final retail packaging.

Personally, I am loving the camera and accessories. The hood and neck strap is very nice and practical. The leather case just gets left in my luggage. The images are great.

Got my GR limited yesterday. Didn't see a handstrap either apart from the special leather one.

Where can i view the special edition in sg?

thanks

Anyone finds the limited edition grip a little slippery? I haven't tried the original black one though but rubberized grip sounds better.

Anyone finds the limited edition grip a little slippery? I haven't tried the original black one though but rubberized grip sounds better.

That's why Ricoh produced only 5,000 special editions. ;)

Can u prove that? Were you personally aggrieved cos u bought one?

Or do you just like to make baseless accusations and allegations?

Look around. Read properly. All the GR special edition kits being sold in all the usual online shops do not mention the hand-strap. From the looks of it, the ones sold in SG shops also dun have.

The one I bought from a reliable dealer in Europe also did not include a handstrap.

The "premium accessories" stated in online listings only includes the matching adapter + hood, Brown leather case and brown leather neck-strap.

It may be that the original press release is wrong to begin with. Or they just decided to change it for the final retail packaging.

Personally, I am loving the camera and accessories. The hood and neck strap is very nice and practical. The leather case just gets left in my luggage. The images are great.

Chill... No need to be so uptight..
I'm just assuming and therefore, it's best to clarify with Ricoh as how I have advised?

Nothing's wrong with that.. In fact, it's good practice..

PS: I don't like to make *baseless accusations and allegations* but I like to encourage baseless assumptions followed by clarification. This is call "thought process".. ;)

* "It may be that the original press release is wrong to begin with. Or they just decided to change it for the final retail packaging...* - just highlighting what you state.. Read your sentence again bro.. And then read it again...

Last edited:
What are you guys fighting about? Just check Ricoh's own product page. They don't even mention it. ;)

What are you guys fighting about? Just check Ricoh's own product page. They don't even mention it. ;)

LoL! Not fighting la... Don't put it that way... Pentaxians are known to be friendly.. It's clarifying of each other's point of view...

LoL! Not fighting la... Don't put it that way... Pentaxians are known to be friendly.. It's clarifying of each other's point of view...

Yeah and I think Ricoh's product page is pretty clear on that, it isn't included.

Might be a special promo in the US only.

Yeah and I think Ricoh's product page is pretty clear on that, it isn't included.

Might be a special promo in the US only.

Hehehe... Must enquire if SG can try to do also.. ;P
Quite a useful accessory!

PS: I don't like to make *baseless accusations and allegations* but I like to encourage baseless assumptions followed by clarification. This is call "thought process".. ;)

This is not a thought process. This is a troll process.

Nothing more to say.

It's not. In fact, I waited for it cos I had concerns abt the rubber one. My old GXR's rubber grip felt sticky after a few yrs.

This is not a thought process. This is a troll process.

Nothing more to say.

It takes one to know one.. For eg,

"Or do you just like to make baseless accusations and allegations?
It may be that the original press release is wrong to begin with. Or they just decided to change it for the final retail packaging."

That's why I say, read your sentence again.. And then read again...

Nobody asks that you say anything in the first place.. ;)

Last edited:
It's not. In fact, I waited for it cos I had concerns abt the rubber one. My old GXR's rubber grip felt sticky after a few yrs.

Hmm. Maybe its cause i have super sweaty palms. Guess I will go with a 3rd party hand strap afterall.

Hmm. Maybe its cause i have super sweaty palms. Guess I will go with a 3rd party hand strap afterall.

Depends how u use imo... I find it a fun camera to use. Pick up, set effects, snap snap snap :)

And it's so small and light... How hard do u want to grip it? ;p

I like the neck strap... Set to snap focus, with some practice, can take photos without bringing up to eye level.