Got my RX 100

Just got my set from SLR Revolution this evening. Was told that mine was the only set that they received from Sony. Guess I am quite lucky.. Can I check with you guys, I read one review that we can use the USB adapter that we used to charge Android phone to charge the RX100? Is that true?

generally the make of the charging cord is irrelevant, it's the connector pin size and available power transfer through it. I use my blackberry USB cord to my computer to also charge my Sony Xperia with NO problems at all for th last 12 months. I used another cord similar to the Sony one on my work Mac to charge my RX100 this morning...it will be fine to do this.

I got the last RX100 at Marina Square Sony Centre....used it to day already as a B roll camera to capture some video for work project.

Use hacked GH2 to capture main handheld footage, and set up the a joby gorilla pod with the RX100 to capture footage I can cut to make the edit more interesting.

This camera rocks!.

Just got my set from SLR Revolution this evening. Was told that mine was the only set that they received from Sony. Guess I am quite lucky.. Can I check with you guys, I read one review that we can use the USB adapter that we used to charge Android phone to charge the RX100? Is that true?

It's a micro USB connector. I can charge using my PC or any USB power device.

Yup! It's a standard microUSB port. All my chargers work on it... So now only one charger for phone and camera! :D

Yup! It's a standard microUSB port. All my chargers work on it... So now only one charger for phone and camera! :D

bro... you do remember that using your powerful camera battery charger on your phone will only bust the phone battery faster right? :bsmilie:

bro... you do remember that using your powerful camera battery charger on your phone will only bust the phone battery faster right? :bsmilie:

Nope. Standard 500mah output, except for the new SonyEricsson charger, which boosts to 800mah for compatible devices. You should know this. ;)

After using it for 2 days now...the 3 things i dont like are:

1: battery/card bay door is flimsy - you will need to be really careful with it over time. Knocking it while it is open could easily tear it off, though it looks like it coule be easily replaceable.
2: USB port flap is also fragile...the hard plastic casing will wear easily...a softer rubber type would have been better
3: Menu resets to default position when going going back from shooting mode...would be nice for it to hold last known position like some other cameras.

other than these I think the RX100 is fantastic so far...

Rashkae said:
Nope. Standard 500mah output, except for the new SonyEricsson charger, which boosts to 800mah for compatible devices. You should know this. ;)

It is? Well i wouldn't know. I don't have an RX100 :bsmilie:

I use a normal cyber-shot usb charger to charge my phones

After using it for 2 days now...the 3 things i dont like are:

3: Menu resets to default position when going going back from shooting mode...would be nice for it to hold last known position like some other cameras.

In the menu, go to the first "Tools" menu and set "Menu Start" to "Previous".

got it thanks....been playing with it the whole day working out the optimum settings for me....

Am in HK now, and just got it for HKD$4800! And it's not a parallel import or grey set. No freebies though (Fortress offered me a set for HKD$5200 with an 8gb card and a case, broadway wanted the list price of $5390....) Come with warranty, which I guess I'll have to trek down to the Sony Customer Service Centre to get the travelers warranty. Does anybody know if this still needs to be done? The shop I asked didn't have the Travellers Limited warranty cards, and told me I had to go to the Sony Cust centre.... After conversion and credit card overseas fees, guess the camera works out to around S$830. Hope it's cheaper than the Singapore price when it gets to Sg...

Anybody want 1 too? heh.. I'll be here till tomorrow!

Can PM me where you got this in HK at $4800? I am in HK now!

Can any rx100 users tell me if the built in flash can be pushed upwards using fingers to bounce off the ceiling?

Can any rx100 users tell me if the built in flash can be pushed upwards using fingers to bounce off the ceiling?

it only works for low ceilings. the flash is not powerful enough to bounce off high ceilings.

it only works for low ceilings. the flash is not powerful enough to bounce off high ceilings.

Glad to know there is an option to bounce. at f1.8 with iso1600, the bounce can at least be of some help i'm guessing

guys, is the 999 price tag inclusive of GST? thanks.