got fine for not notify mindef?

who got fine for not notify mindef that u are on oversea trip

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
those free internet terminals in airport are for us to notify when we flying off.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

:kok::kok::kok:

They sent me friendly and gentle reminder... I received a pouch from them, giving me the number and internet address to notify, nothing specific like when and where I travelled.

Kena warn before they call me! so from then on always notify on line when scheldue is confirm or when no internet access call 1800-3676767!:bsmilie:

But call on the phone sometimes is very slow as it is automated, so i always go talk to the operator much faster!:bsmilie:

y all kena warning only? I am the suay 1 kena fine? now have to be smart!!! call them before travel....

i missed my flight once and came back 1 day later than my notification and they send me a warning letter... next time i travel, i will at least have 3 to 5 days of buffer....
That is a little unfair.
If that is the case, then there must be some flexibility on the part of Mindef, otherwise everyone will notify their trips with dates earlier than the actual departure and later than the actual return. And that will certainly defeat the main purpose of this exercise.

That is a little unfair.
If that is the case, then there must be some flexibility on the part of Mindef, otherwise everyone will notify their trips with dates earlier than the actual departure and later than the actual return. And that will certainly defeat the main purpose of this exercise.

for me, whatever rules or regulations they have, i just follow, finish my service and get it done with... no point arguing with them... remember they say there is no such thing as "white horse" :bsmilie:, when i got my hands burn doing push ups on the hot tar road surface, i already forget about what is care for soldiers...

i can't wait to throw my number 4 away for good...

goto the website www.ns.sg to notify. If you never get warning/caught, u are lucky but when it happens and they traced back, u may be in deep s**t

actually i think i didnt notify a few times then i just kenna warning.

i think after warning i will really kenna fine. after that, i always notify liao haha.

If I am not wrong www.ns.sg is only for trip which is longer then 6 months... shorter then that, have to call. 1800 7636363

i always panic when the 'auto-calling' system thingy call me at work :bsmilie:

god dam it..........i kena 1 fine just last week......dam it.....really TL with their system. this is the 2nd time kena tat $100 liao !!!

i use to spot some system issue with their computerise notification system. i keep a record of all my notification and one day they really send me a warning stated that i never notify them......WTF, i have the proof. do you think it is fair ?

anyway i have a friend who always say, if your family is not in your country will you be the one to step out to fight when the war started?

it seem like finally i am not the oli 1...

hopefully Mindef can see from how unfair is their system.

I was being fine! other just warning...

someone who notified and being fine! this is call a good system which Mindef developed?

Seriously I dun noe y is this notification is so important! passport verification not enough?

so what is u notify and u are away and something really happen? are they going to call u back from where ever u are to fight a war?

if they going to call u back, how they contact u if u are somewhere where is non contactable? like if u are climbing mt everest? (I dun think u have connection at the peak or bother to ans a call if u are at the mid of the mountain)

they going fine u for that?

The system never fails to surprise me with their uneffectiveness. :sweat:

i dont see a point if the mindef want to track the quantity of its manpower but only see a point that the state is using such method to absorb money from its citizens only. As you guy mention why a passport not enough to tracks the manpower in the country???

wait until i get another evidence i will stomp such notifying system online !!!! damn it.....

i dont see a point if the mindef want to track the quantity of its manpower but only see a point that the state is using such method to absorb money from its citizens only. As you guy mention why a passport not enough to tracks the manpower in the country???

wait until i get another evidence i will stomp such notifying system online !!!! damn it.....

You've a valid point there. I believe a passport can be used to track us citizens going in and out.

maybe they want to know your expected date of return so they can...

errr...

plan?

seriously they should have big signs at airport, woodlands, tuas, jetties, etc to remind us NSmen to notify before exiting the country. better still, have the customs officer ask "sir, have you contacted MINDEF notification hotline regarding your overseas notification?" when they are scanning your passport.

anyway, paste a post-it note on your passport to remind yourself to notify MINDEF. hopefully next time don't tio.

I also got a warning letter recently.

Actually the fine of $100 is nothing. It's just that these sort of little thing, especially retarded things, pisses off people bit by bit.

They take $100 from me, no problem. I'll spend $1000 in some other country instead of in Singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.