GoPro

Officially announced on Gopro website

$710 for the Black Edition (Does not include Wifi Remote)
$560 for the Silver (Built in LCD)

3+ Black and 3 Black in no more listed on their website. Looks like the 4 Silver is replacing both of them as they are similar spec'ced with LCD being the difference. Is $150 more worth spending to get 4k at 30p and 2.7k at 50p?

60mb/s, I wonder what Micro SD cards are available in the market now that can write at that speed...I can still remember the debacle they had with Sandisks and other slow cards freezing the 3BE when it was first released.

[video=youtube;wTcNtgA6gHs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTcNtgA6gHs[/video]

Last edited:
Checked the new Hero entry level. Useless gadgets camera built into housing, battery also built in. Can't add any BacPac..!! No wifi, can't use GoPro app. Can't remote.. Just one miniUSB port. :(

TOO ENTRY LEVEL ALREADY...!!

Last edited:
60mb/s, I wonder what Micro SD cards are available in the market now that can write at that speed...I can still remember the debacle they had with Sandisks and other slow cards freezing the 3BE when it was first released.

They recommend SanDisk and Lexar, but Toshiba has also launched 4K-ready mSD cards.

http://www.toshiba.com/taec/news/press_releases/2014/memy_14_708.jsp

HERO4 Black & Silver
A Class 10 MicroSD card up to 64 GB is required.
Not all Class 10 microSD cards have the same data write speeds. Due to the higher bit rate capabilities and to support new features of HERO4 camera, we have provided a list of recommended cards that provide the best experience
SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSDHC (SDSDQXL-032G)
SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC (SDSDQXL-064G)
Lexar 32GB SDHC 633x (LSDMI32GBBNL633R)
Lexar 64GB SDXC 633x (LSDMI64GBBNL633R)

http://gopro.com/support/articles/software-update-release

Checked the new Hero entry level. Useless gadgets camera built into housing, battery also built in. Can't add any BacPac..!! No wifi, can't use GoPro app. Can't remote.. Just one miniUSB port. :(

TOO ENTRY LEVEL ALREADY...!!

That's why it's called entry level what :bsmilie: Maybe if you wait 1-3 more generations, by then the features in the Hero3 would have filtered down to the entry level.

Last edited:
Hi, I just brought Gopro Hero 4 Sliver. Hero 3+ is going for $290.00

where's a good place to get gopro.

Hi All, I could not find thread for Gopro's user. Mind if I start one?

I'm not a big fan on the GoPro cause I shoot cityscapes mostly at night. Does somebody has any experience in this field of photography with a GoPro?

Hi All, I could not find thread for Gopro's user. Mind if I start one?

There's an existing thread, started in July 2014. Will merge this with that.

I'm not a big fan on the GoPro cause I shoot cityscapes mostly at night. Does somebody has any experience in this field of photography with a GoPro?

I tried a night aerial with gopro 3 black. Very noisy grain. No shutter speed control in photo mode either. Timelapse was a total disaster. Maybe Hero4 will perform better.

Hi guys, may i knw whr can i purchase this camera with cheaper price?
my fren said everywhr selling but just now i went to nex they said only harvey norman got sell.

anyone knows where to get one of those hand held 3 axis gimbal? videos turn out pretty unusable without it mefeels