GoPro

thefourd

Jan 23, 2013
east coast
Anyone here into GoPro.... its a GREAT camera!!

I agree. It is a great camera.

Yup especially in the video department.

and the time lapse...

I believe lots of people here liked GoPro.

Yup. Its a amazing camera/video camera. The video it produces is simply stunning. Coupled with its small size and waterproof casing, you can really bring it anywhere u want.

I shot underwater videos at 1080p. The footages were all very shakey due to rough seas but to my amazement, i was able to pause the video and take 5R printable screen grabs with reasonably sharp pics.

A must have for adrenaline junkies and travel bugs!

Battery died on me half way through time lapse of about 1 hr+:dunno: during NDP preview, using the small battery coupled with the battery pack! Very battery hungry, and I guess the next time, I may plug in a power bank instead. And also mine seems to have an issue with auto turn on!

Nevertheless, still managed to get some dolphins infront of our fishing boat bow, some underwater shots of remoras, sotong on jigs, sea snakes, and other fishing activities, though I have to be very cautious and conservative, which prevented me in really enjoying the use, due to the short battery life.:cry:

Last edited:
Battery died on me half way through time lapse of about 1 hr+:dunno: during NDP preview, using the small battery coupled with the battery pack! Very battery hungry, and I guess the next time, I may plug in a power bank instead. And also mine seems to have an issue with auto turn on!

Nevertheless, still managed to get some dolphins infront of our fishing boat bow, some underwater shots of remoras, sotong on jigs, sea snakes, and other fishing activities, though I have to be very cautious and conservative, which prevented me in really enjoying the use, due to the short battery life.:cry:

Shdnt be that bad. U switched the wifi on? I shot abt 30mins worth of video on a 2hr snorkelling trip. Used up 2 bars. No battery bacpac. Wifi off, 2 lights off. Cam on all the time. Only issue i have is the lens fogging up.

Shdnt be that bad. U switched the wifi on? I shot abt 30mins worth of video on a 2hr snorkelling trip. Used up 2 bars. No battery bacpac. Wifi off, 2 lights off. Cam on all the time. Only issue i have is the lens fogging up.

That is when new, yes. Wifi is on only when I connect to the phone to check the camera angle, and turned off after that. It seems that time lapse uses more power than video, or is it only me? My first time lapse lasted almost 2 hrs with the last bar, with battery pac also. Other than the lens angle being just a little too wide, it is still an awesome little monster!

its a good videoing equipment and I use it everyday to save my life

I would hold on to your horses to buy any accessories for Gopro now.

The next gopro4 is coming and might have a slight modification to the size. It will also come with rumors of 4k + 240fps @ 1080p.

That will be something,

Glad they kept the same form factor but wished they would enable simultaneous use of a battery back and an LCD.

Hopefully it can still be used with the existing gimbals eg H3-3D etc.

The 4 Silver is the same specs as a 3+ Black but with built in LCD. It does makes you wonder where is the battery compartment for that model seeing the LCD is flushed to the casing. Maybe the battery compartment opens from below now judging by that new notch just below the old wifi button (the new spanner (options/menu?) symbol).

The 4 Silver will be great on the 2/3 axis handheld gimbals though with its built in LCD (although the view will be slightly blocked) but at least its better than guessing what is in the frame.

GoPro is a great cam but do look out for SJ4000