Getting lens back from Hong Kong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at this thread, my colleague brought back my 5D kit + battery grip in a big Wing Shing plastic bag and walk all the way pass customs but was not stopped. Whew... :sweat:

From customs website:

You may approach the Customs Office for payment of GST on non-dutiable and non-controlled goods without the need to apply for a Customs permit if the total GST of the goods does not exceed $300.

Upon arrival, the trader should produce the goods, the Customs permit and the relevant supporting documents (such as commercial invoice, packing list, insurance document, product catalogues and etc) to the Checkpoint officer for clearance.

Not too sure if you will be taxed if you tell the officers that you are not a trader and bringing in the camera stuff for sole personal consumption purpose. :dunno:

From customs website:

Not too sure if you will be taxed if you tell the officers that you are not a trader and bringing in the camera stuff for sole personal consumption purpose. :dunno:

if i am not mistaken, even if buy things for personal use, might be subject to GST. i think the policy is to encourage ppl to spend more in spore to help our own economy....
hope i am not mistaken :)

18-200 VR with intl warranty is about S$995 and tamron 17-50 F2.8 is about S$520.

From customs website:

They will still tax you :sweat: I always remove all labels,price tag and wrapping of the T shirt or Jeans that I bought oversea. I will even wear the new shoe first so the sole will get dirty hahaha:bsmilie:

At least they are asking you to pay tax. And not asking you to pay "tax"... like how quite a number of airports in the region are fond of doing.

They will still tax you :sweat: I always remove all labels,price tag and wrapping of the T shirt or Jeans that I bought oversea. I will even wear the new shoe first so the sole will get dirty hahaha:bsmilie:

Yeah, remove all labels. =)

OT warning...

What's the obsession with boxes here, what difference does it make if you have a box or not, even if selling used item, what's the big deal with the box, it doesn't change the condition that the item is in or how it will perform. So what's the big deal with the boxes?

i like to collect boxes leh..most of the electronic stuff that i bought, ranging from PDA to lenses to motherboards..all i keep.... much to the dismay of my mum :D

i like to collect boxes leh..most of the electronic stuff that i bought, ranging from PDA to lenses to motherboards..all i keep.... much to the dismay of my mum :D

Actually, i keep boxes for expensive items, when i resell, some buyers would prefer to have boxes..

is there any international warranty for Nikon Lens?
As body, I understand it doesnt come with International warranty
Besides, are they originally import/made from Japan?

is there any international warranty for Nikon Lens?
As body, I understand it doesnt come with International warranty
Besides, are they originally import/made from Japan?

Yes, the vast majority of non-grey do carry a full international Nikon warranty. Ask before buying to be sure.

hi there, does anyone know where to get a Canon EF17-40 lens in Hong Kong and the lowest possible price encountered?

thanks!

Just to share with you guys here. I normally visit Man Shing and Wing Shing. Both are labelled "No Fakes". Best is to check out prices at each shop before deciding on one.

Here is a list of reliable ones I compiled

1. Wing Shing Photo Supplies Co., Ltd.
G/F, Shop 55-57 Sai Yeung Choi Street South, Mong Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
G/F 91-95 Fa Yuen St. Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
TEL: 2396-6886 FAX: 2395-2130

2. Man Shing Camera
G/F, Shop 106, Tung Choi Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
TEL:2396-2996

3. DC Fever
Unit 327 & 339, 3/F, Sim City, 47-51 Shan Tung Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon.
TEL: 2781-1780

4. CITICALL Limited
G/F, 85-87 Fa Yuen Street, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Shop 3-4, G/F, Mongkok City Centre, 74-78 Sai
Yeung Choi St. South, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong.

5. Good World Camera
Gilman’s Bazaar, Central, Hong Kong
TEL: 2543-5657

* Avoid camera stores in Nathan Road, they give you good prices but when you ask for the unit they only show you the model unit and claim that its the last unit.. when in doubt look for the Hongkong tourism logo seal.. at least that will assure you that they are tourist friendly and you will definitely get good quality and service.

Dont worry,just dont declare at all.

Just act cool,and stay away from the Custom Officers and the Baggage screener device area and they wont stop you.

Status
Not open for further replies.