FZ-30, is it avalaible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JimDavis said:
Start thinking to buy VR lens?? ;)

I smell the 'buy buy buy' virus around the corner liao. It is time Don...it is time for you to get into the lens craze mood liao....

VR got to wait till me or my wife strike 4D..
Gotten my FZ20 last time also cos of my wife striked 4D.
VR 70-200mm f2.8..:devil:

donchua said:
VR got to wait till me or my wife strike 4D..
Gotten my FZ20 last time also cos of my wife striked 4D.
VR 70-200mm f2.8..:devil:

Try harder on TOTO better, got more $$, have millions of dollars, can buy the whole Nikkor factory....opppssss...OT...OT....sorry...;p

haha.. i should start buying toto le..

unseen said:
haha.. i should start buying toto le..

Me ToTo no luck..
My unit# just opened last Sat but the floor# jump to behind..:devil:

haha nm.. then better wait for $$ drop from the sky.. haha

unseen said:
sorry, my bad..
i was talking about the noise level. you have to look hard for noise at iso 400..
heh sighz.. i really miss my FZ5.. 2 days of use of my 350d, i think my muscles got bigger liaoz..

heh anyway in the end, going dSLR is not that much about the body, its the LENS!!!
i miss :
my FZ5.
the reach.
[size=-4]the ability to take photos of pretty girls from far far away[/size]
bird watching/photographing with IS.

Erm just one qns, after changing from prosumer camera to DSLR are you used to using viewfinder instead of the LCD to compose your shote? Asking cause I am thinking of wheather to get DSLR or Prosumer... really hope theres a prosumer camera with higher ISO and lower noise..

hmmm on FZ5, 80% of the time i use viewfinder.
dSLR u can only use viewfinder.
Look at fuji F10.. higher iso, lower noise, more dust.

I am using the EVF onmy FZ10 & 20 last time.
So NP for me on D50.

clicknick said:
Then you're in luck, your wish just come true: Fuji S9000

http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/fu..._s9000_pr.html

Hard to choose between FZ30 and S9000, both have pros and cons

Looks good:D but screen is 1.8".. guess I'm too used to 2.5" screen le anything smaller really dun like le...

I wish if it got
1)2.5" LCD
2)ISO 800 with low noise
3)long shutter best if got bulb
4)wide aperature range(maybe F2-11)
5)wide range of zoom(28-200 will be enough)

Any thing that fits in? Currently only see KM 5D(w 18-200 lens) that got everything but its a DSLR... Scare buy liao dunno how to use. Wonder is it as heavy as a brick.. looking at FZ30 and samsung prosumer too but alot of uncertainty

flowerpot99 said:
Looks good:D but screen is 1.8".. guess I'm too used to 2.5" screen le anything smaller really dun like le...

Yeah, u got a point. Last week when this guy offered to change his 1Ds Mk2 (2"LCD) with my Casio Exilim EX-Z57 (2.7" LCD), I told him to go fly kite. I mean, he got to be kidding right, 2" LCD want to exchange with my 2.7" LCD camera, dream on ;) ;) ;) Just kidding hor, ha ha :)

clicknick said:
Yeah, u got a point. Last week when this guy offered to change his 1Ds Mk2 (2"LCD) with my Casio Exilim EX-Z57 (2.7" LCD), I told him to go fly kite. I mean, he got to be kidding right, 2" LCD want to exchange with my 2.7" LCD camera, dream on ;) ;) ;) Just kidding hor, ha ha :)

LOL... 1Ds Mk2.. haha...
:) if it ever happens to me.. i'll sell the 1DSmk2 cheap, then buy 5 EX-z57 as toys..

hmmmm actually dSLR doesn't mean low noise. better to compare the ISO performance 1 by 1..

nightshottb2ds.jpg
nightshottb0bs.jpg

Pictures above taken from DC Resource... without going to DCR for a peek, let's do a blind test (i.e. not knowing which camera took which pic, to remove bias)...

Which picture do you think will have more detail and less noise? Why?

the photos are too small to judge...better to take the crop one to do the evaluation

siao, how to see any diff in image quality when the pics so tiny? best test is to print out the pics to at least 8R size.

FZ20_nightshot100-crop.jpg

FZ20 - ISO100

fx30_nightshot100-crop.jpg

FZ30 - ISO100

Pls see for yourself....damn lots of noise

Looks like a bad comparision to me leh... Unless the site actually says that everything (WB, exposure, aperture & shutter speed) is the same.

Something seem to be different to me. :think:

hmmmm just looking at the photos.. ISO80 is quite bad already.. maybe it's just me.. i nit pick..

Status
Not open for further replies.