FZ 20 writting speed to the SD card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javacly

Feb 25, 2003
Visit site
Hi all,

Currently my FZ20 takes around 4s write to the SD card after i press the shutter. Is it normal or there is something wrong with my camera already?

Regards,
Clayton

Are you shooting in TIFF mode? If so, I think it is... or are u shooting long exposures? The longer the exposure, the longer it'll take to write to the card. Otherwise, I think ur cam got problem.

I am using fine (low compression) mode. Without flash it will take maybe like 1-2s but with flash it will be 4s. Picture size is set to 2048x1536.

are you using a slow speed SD card? i'm not sure how much difference it would make..but that's the only solution i can find after seeing karnage post

I am using Kingston SD 512Mb card. Not too sure how to check the speed of it...

fast or slow card it never will make a difference of few seconds.
small photo size or highest also will not cause that few seconds.
is it always like that, day or night shooting?

4s with flash ah? Maybe low batt? Haha! But doesn't seem logical to me. Then again, electronics to the non-electronically inclined never is logical. :D

If your answer to dominator is yes (as in, always like that regardless of day or night) then I suggest u check ur warranty. If it's still valid, faster go back Panasonic. Haha!

It's really quite random. Sometimes day shot will take only 2s... but sometimes it will go up to 4s.

Yep.. karnage, u r right. To be safe, I am going to send my fz20 to Panasonic to service.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.