FX8 vs ixus55 (help sway me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JimDavis said:
When in doubt, buy both!:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Wah u super evil lehz...

I still support my stand... Fuji F11 no regret...

Number 1 rule in marketing... If u cannot convince ur customers, con them...

unseen said:
An image form the LX 1.. but that's not the point.
Think it's possible to get similar photo from another camera at 1/4s handheld? Gonna be really hard I think.
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=1773294&postcount=102

see? real example of why IS/VR/OS...etc can't freeze motion!

Dont be fooled by the Panasonic ads on TV, u can't get sharp picture when u use OIS to capture pple dancing in a train

for this particular pic, the motion blur may work. But how often do u want to have such motion blur effect? Esp when u are doing portrait shots and group shot in lowlight, it is very difficult to make everyone keep still for 1/4s, u may ended up with EVEN more blur photo with IS/VR/OS

for me, i will go for F11, cleanest high ISO pic among all pocket-size P&S

BTW, I have F10 and IXUS 55, used FX8 before, their noise level are terrible compare to F10

unseen said:
An image form the LX 1.. but that's not the point.
Think it's possible to get similar photo from another camera at 1/4s handheld? Gonna be really hard I think.
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=1773294&postcount=102

I do get a lot of such shots with my FX9..

with FX9, I hardly turn on my flash, and depend sorely on the OIS, and my stable hand or some structure, and take the photos..

really great effect..

ekardo said:
with FX9, I hardly turn on my flash, and depend sorely on the OIS, and my stable hand or some structure, and take the photos..

with F10, I never use the flash too (except for fill-in flash when the background is too bright), seriously, F10's flash shot isn't as fantastic as expected, the color is wierd, but I have no worry shooting at ISO 800 or even 1600 without flash, I can shoot at high shutter speed without worry about handshake or motion blur, no need to find any support, just snap and go.

who still need IS/VR/OS? even sport photographers turn them off when their lenses have these. I dont mean IS/VR/OS is useless, but there are limited practical use. IMO, it only helps when u are shooting stationary objects, but if i can afford to push the ISO higher, the latter will be a better choice

Pricing between Ixus55 & FX9 around less than $50 different. Why don't go for FX9. 1MP increase with anti shake feature & Leica len.

Here's what you need to do. Get both cameras in your hands. Play around with it. Its a point n shoot.... but there's xtras options. So play around and get the feel. Interface is important too, so to be sure you won't daly too long and miss pictures. 5mp vs 6mp is abt no diff. You'll get your 8'x10' sharp n clear on both cam. You want diff, go 8mp.

Another point to consider, more pixels = more noise. OIS is an xtra that is nice, useful too but not essential. Battery life on the Lumix is much better than the one on Ixus, but Ixus has a viewfinder thou kinda smallish, but it's there. For some, knowing that it's there means a great deal, at least to me it does.

I know, it's always like this. The more you know, the more undecided you get. That's how helpful this forum/discussion thing is. But at least there are grounds for the undecision. Anyway, first thing first.

Get down there, get a hands on experience on both. Bring a friend that knows stuffs. A hard-selling salesguy can easily sell carrots to a monkey when it actually wants bananas.

Both are good cameras, really. Its just how they felt on your hands and how easy it is for you to use them that might make a diff.

Good luck, there. And after that enjoy shooting. You can carry these babies anywhere. That really is a big plus point.

after so many weeks of discussion, dun tell me you haven't bought your camera..

folks. i've found myself a 21 day old ixus750 with 512 and 1gb SD card for a potential bargain. less than 650! :) gonna view on monday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.