Full time NSman dies after being pinned by Land Rover during inspection

Status
Not open for further replies.
NS is a dangerous job.. :nono:

Walking along the road is another dangerous task.

All accidents are preventable!

All accidents are preventable!

yes and no.

if an accident can be prevented, then it wouldn't be called an accident.

however, because accidents occur, we therefore can conclude that if steps were taken, that it can and MIGHT (and MIGHT is different from COULD) be prevented.

I'm... not too sure about that. Any stats to back that up?

You serve NS before or not? Or you in Music and Drama Company during NS?

yes and no.

if an accident can be prevented, then it wouldn't be called an accident.

however, because accidents occur, we therefore can conclude that if steps were taken, that it can and MIGHT (and MIGHT is different from COULD) be prevented.

For SAF, I think measures to prevent accidents will happen only after the accidents happened.

If not for the dying of the Commando during 'water-treatment' training, I think such training will still be carried out extensively without any 'safety' measures.

Can you guys have some sensitivity? A life is lost here while serving his NS. ;(

My condolences to his family & loved ones. I don't know about you but I feel really sad when I read this news.

I find this a strange or freak accident as I drive the SAF vehicles & used to frequent Seletar Camp too. He is an MTO & the land rover isn't a big mama that runs people over but it just happened. A recovery vehicle had to be called in.... looks like another safety review will be implemented again.

Can you guys have some sensitivity? A life is lost here while serving his NS. ;(

My condolences to his family & loved ones. I don't know about you but I feel really sad when I read this news.

I find this a strange or freak accident as I drive the SAF vehicles & used to frequent Seletar Camp too. He is an MTO & the land rover isn't a big mama that runs people over but it just happened. A recovery vehicle had to be called in.... looks like another safety review will be implemented again.

I think the accident is a bit weird. Why would the MTO be checking the rear of the vehicle? If need to check, it should be the driver's job right?

The only time a landrover will roll backwards is when its parked on a slope, brakes fail and no wheel choke on. This breaks SAF's rule on parking vehicles. Or another vehicle bump into it from the front, then he is really unlucky.

SAF's landrover are old already. Needs replacement and even with maintainence, i think the job done sometimes is sub standard.

sometimes certain accidents are unpreventable no matter how much precaution been taken...

Sorry,my 2 cent opinion, all accidents are preventable, accident happen under 2 conditions

1. due to unsafe act of the person
2. unsafe conditions where a person are exposed to:what:

SAF's landrover are old already. Needs replacement and even with maintainence, i think the job done sometimes is sub standard.

All the Land Rover Defender must be from the 70s. So lau pok pok one... :bsmilie:

Wayang only lah, check the Land Rover for wat? Old means old... but maybe the accident happened becoz of human error...

SAF should phase out all the existing Land Rover Defender & replace them with this, the Land Rover SVX.

1zz42tt.jpg

Celebrating 60yrs of the Land Rover Defender, they are equipped with custom-designed Recaro front seats, distinctive alloy gear knobs, a new audio system (with subwoofer and USB socket), iPod cradle and Garmin satellite navigation. The soft-top models are especially eye-catching, with a metallic silver tubular cage that supports a tailor-made, removable black fabric hood. This encloses a flat load-space and a spare wheel stowed behind the front seats, reminiscent of the very first open-top Land Rovers.

4iiwap.jpg

Last edited:
quote : A recovery vehicle was activated half an hour later and managed to lift the Land Rover. .

All the Land Rover Defender must be from the 70s. So lau pok pok one... :bsmilie:

Wayang only lah, check the Land Rover for wat? Old means old... but maybe the accident happened becoz of human error...

SAF should phase out all the existing Land Rover Defender & replace them with this, the Land Rover SVX.

1zz42tt.jpg

Celebrating 60yrs of the Land Rover Defender, they are equipped with custom-designed Recaro front seats, distinctive alloy gear knobs, a new audio system (with subwoofer and USB socket), iPod cradle and Garmin satellite navigation. The soft-top models are especially eye-catching, with a metallic silver tubular cage that supports a tailor-made, removable black fabric hood. This encloses a flat load-space and a spare wheel stowed behind the front seats, reminiscent of the very first open-top Land Rovers.

4iiwap.jpg

lol this 1 got features that is really luxuary to the army. Landrovers are good but I think SAF is replacing it with the Ford Everest.

I'm saddened by our photographers who turned this thread as a joke, this is someone's son and it was a great lost to the parents and to our brothers who served in NS.

another ns man was arrested and out on bail, in relation to the death of a mto.

i am very confused!

reservist = NSman or part-time NSman?

NSF = NSF or NSman or full-time NSman?

:think:

Probably after my MR, i still dont get it right! :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Just another unfortunate person in an unfortunate event doing an unfortunate job..

Status
Not open for further replies.