Full Frame vs Lens!

Nope, not talking about shutter speed. I'm talking about noise! Will images from a F2.8 lens on a 60D at ISO3200 be less noisy than a 5Dmkiii at 6400 at F4?

You are missing the point. You want a camera with high ISO capabilities, why bring aperture into the subject?

Nope, not talking about shutter speed. I'm talking about noise! Will images from a F2.8 lens on a 60D at ISO3200 be less noisy than a 5Dmkiii at 6400 at F4?

You are missing the point. You want a camera with high ISO capabilities, why bring aperture into the subject?

maybe he's thinking for the same lens, he could stop down one more f-stop on FF since he got more headroom on the ISO range... at the same shutter speed...

Go to DPReview, load the 60D review, select the "Compared to (high ISO)" page, then replace one of the cameras with the 5D MkIII and select ISO 6400.

Then you can see the noise characteristics. FYI it does not matter what aperture you're on.

Nope, not talking about shutter speed. I'm talking about noise! Will images from a F2.8 lens on a 60D at ISO3200 be less noisy than a 5Dmkiii at 6400 at.

well, I think (don't quote me on this) that 5DIII outperforms 60D by more than a stop in terms of high-ISO noise.
If you prefer not to use f/2.8 (coz DOF may end up too thin) yet maintain shutter speed, then high ISO is probably your only solution :)

Thanks for all the informative posts guys! Looks like ive made my mind!

5D mkIII + lens rental when i need it!