Fujifilm X-T1 Graphite Silver Thread

Heard from TKfoto that Graphite Silver version has tethering software pre-installed in the body, while Black version does not have it and it is optional to purchase.

Other differences are 4 layers paint for the GS thus more resistance to wear and tear vs 2 layer paint for the black (GS surface feels smoother and shinier), and the hot shoe cover for the GS version is metal while the black one is plastic.

Perhaps you can verify at the shop on the actual difference. Fuji Studio guys should have the most accurate info?

Bought my black one in the end, as prefer a more discreet look (since most lenses are black in colour thus whole set black). Don't really need the tethering software (whether if included in the GS version). Added on a Black halfcase and Black strap... so looks really consistent.

Last edited:
Graphite silver version still needs the software to tether. Both versions with latest firmware have now the option to connect cam to computer from usb in the menu but you will still require the Fuji tether software to be installed on the PC to communicate.

Last edited:
Those who are pass 40 may want to note that the nomenclatures on the top dials of GS version is harder to read under low lighting.

I rushed out to buy because it resembles my beloved F3T only to experience this without my reading glasses...

Heard from TKfoto that Graphite Silver version has tethering software pre-installed in the body, while Black version does not have it and it is optional to purchase. Other differences are 4 layers paint for the GS thus more resistance to wear and tear vs 2 layer paint for the black (GS surface feels smoother and shinier), and the hot shoe cover for the GS version is metal while the black one is plastic. Perhaps you can verify at the shop on the actual difference. Fuji Studio guys should have the most accurate info? Bought my black one in the end, as prefer a more discreet look (since most lenses are black in colour thus whole set black). Don't really need the tethering software (whether if included in the GS version). Added on a Black halfcase and Black strap... so looks really consistent.

The 2 colors of the X-T1 will have the same exact firmware once updated. The differences really go back to color schemes

I heard from a black XT1 user that the paint peels off easily but my GS looks as good as new after two months. Maybe that is the advantage.

I heard from a black XT1 user that the paint peels off easily but my GS looks as good as new after two months. Maybe that is the advantage.

lol mine 1 year still good. and your point is?

I think it all depends on the usage. Saw the display set of the GS at Fuji Studio, and the paint condition is quite bad too.

Fuji paintwork is actually quite good. My old black X-E1 still looks brand new after more than 2 years!

Any idea where I might be able to get the X-T1 Large handgrip and what price would I be looking at? Click! doesn't have it in stock.

Hi Jaskin, they have 1 at the Fuji Store in Funan. Retails for about $279...

Any idea where I might be able to get the X-T1 Large handgrip and what price would I be looking at? Click! doesn't have it in stock.

try fuji studio at funan.....think got 20% discount. but other shops might be cheaper.

Not a common grip so don't think you will have much luck trying to get a cheap used set.

Buy a new one from some of the common store and share with us on the user's experience. Cheers!

only 10% at Fuji showroom

its weird coz i thought the medium would work hwell for me. but it actually hurt my fingers. The large felt very comfy right away. felt like a DSLR... it does seem to add a noticeable weight to the camera though.

Anybody know the street price of XT1 GS with batt grip?

Am returning in May and am thinking of getting a package deal but need to knw some pricing so that I inow what to expect.

Thanx

im looking for this color... but i cant find a kit set for it... its just body only.... anybody knows where can i get a kit set for the silver edition?

im looking for this color... but i cant find a kit set for it... its just body only.... anybody knows where can i get a kit set for the silver edition?

There is no silver for the XF series of lens, only the XC series