Fuji S5600 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youhong said:
Impressive! S5600 is much superior than my S5500... At ISO 400, the noise level was so high... therefore, I tried to use as low ISO as possible... but then that means I must use slower shutter which makes low lighting shooting difficult... And one sad thing was that it has problem focusing under low lighting conditions... Hence, many of my shots were out of focus.... Also, startup timing is slow and I often missed good shooting opportunities... Time required in between shots are also too long....

hi, saw your gallery pics taken at chinatown. all r very well taken. did u use a tripod?

S5500 is gd. though its 4 mp, highest iso is 400. i'm not sure its conventional ccd did make a difference.

think tats always the marketing strategy of cam manufacturer. same like hp. put sgthing in and take sgthing out. always no perfect cam.

archie2000 said:
think tats always the marketing strategy of cam manufacturer. same like hp. put sgthing in and take sgthing out. always no perfect cam.

It's not possible. A "perfect" cam would mean one single camera that perfectly suits the needs and satisfy the demands of every single of the millions of photographers out there in this crazy world :sweat: And besides, you know how it is... there is ALWAYS something to bitch about anything

michhy said:
It's not possible. A "perfect" cam would mean one single camera that perfectly suits the needs and satisfy the demands of every single of the millions of photographers out there in this crazy world :sweat: And besides, you know how it is... there is ALWAYS something to bitch about anything

ya.. totally agree with u mich. if there's a perfect cam out there, then there's no mover to make consumer who already own one to get a better one. oso the r&d will be having headache on coming out even more superior cam then the existing perfect model.

hey actually talk about it, how nice if there's a cam that function exactly like a gd pair of human eyes. even at low lighting, moving object, and all other difficult shooting environment, the cam can fully automatically snap real-life pics without the hazzle of all expensive setups, lenses, etc.. who knows :dunno: maybe some day :think: but tat will take away all the fun of photography :(

archie2000 said:
hey actually talk about it, how nice if there's a cam that function exactly like a gd pair of human eyes. even at low lighting, moving object,

funny you should mention this, coz I was thinking about the very same idea the other day :) The human eye is truly a remarkable invention. Just too bad it doesn't have telephoto, LOL! :sweatsm:

but the eye is very high resolution. and can attach conversion lenses like binoculars. hehe.

hey guys. i've been eyeing on this camera ever since i saw it at harvey norman last week.
how is it comparable with the canon A610? i went to test the S5600 yest and the major differences i found:

10x optical zoom vs 4x
XD card(slower write speed?) vs SD/MMC
Electronic View finder vs Optical viewfinder
Size!(5600 is larger but SLR like, A610 more compact)
Pictbridge printing difference(more options with canon)
Zoom button(canon is via the index finger, 5600 is via the thumb, beside EVF)

so is S5600 a better buy than the canon A610? e-quoted from MS color already, S5600 is only $40 more than A610. comes with free 256mb XD card,case,mini tripod.

pls give me some advise! will be getting it before CNY.

sectional86 said:
hey guys. i've been eyeing on this camera ever since i saw it at harvey norman last week. so is S5600 a better buy than the canon A610? e-quoted from MS color already, S5600 is only $40 more than A610. comes with free 256mb XD card,case,mini tripod.

Eh you ask this question in a S5600 thread and the Fuji forum, of course we will be biased towards the S5600 lar! :sweat: But then, some qualities that makes the S5600 better than the A610 would be:

- up to ISO 1600 for high speed shots (but caution: loss of details)
- Natural Light mode - coz I dont like flash
- 10x optical zoom
- RAW capture (albeit buried deep in menus)
- Min aperture F8 - good for long exposures
- uses Fuji SuperCCD

But if you want something to fit in your pocket, then get A610 lor

some new photos taken with the S5600
Comments are welcomed :)
more in my gallery here:
michhy's ClubSnap gallery

:sticktong

lime_278081.jpg

michhy said:
Eh you ask this question in a S5600 thread and the Fuji forum, of course we will be biased towards the S5600 lar! :sweat: But then, some qualities that makes the S5600 better than the A610 would be:

- up to ISO 1600 for high speed shots (but caution: loss of details)
- Natural Light mode - coz I dont like flash
- 10x optical zoom
- RAW capture (albeit buried deep in menus)
- Min aperture F8 - good for long exposures
- uses Fuji SuperCCD

But if you want something to fit in your pocket, then get A610 lor

hahaz...precisely tat's wat i wan to know...just wan the fuji pple to brainwash me from getting the A610...
i dun really like flash too.. and i'm pretty amazed by the natural light... my old F410 giving me some problems le...serious noise@ISO 400, dun talk abt ISO 800... focus also cannot focus properly... duno if its the CCD prob anot, but my serial number is not included in the affected batch. no time bring down to repair also...cos service center mon-fri till 7pm only...weekends not open...

sectional86 said:
hahaz...precisely tat's wat i wan to know...just wan the fuji pple to brainwash me from getting the A610...
i dun really like flash too.. and i'm pretty amazed by the natural light... my old F410 giving me some problems le...serious noise@ISO 400, dun talk abt ISO 800... focus also cannot focus properly... duno if its the CCD prob anot, but my serial number is not included in the affected batch. no time bring down to repair also...cos service center mon-fri till 7pm only...weekends not open...

You have almost made a decision already, I guess :sweat: Go for it. Dont need everybody's opinion to get something that you like, do you? ;p

michhy said:
funny you should mention this, coz I was thinking about the very same idea the other day :) The human eye is truly a remarkable invention. Just too bad it doesn't have telephoto, LOL! :sweatsm:

megascriler said:
but the eye is very high resolution. and can attach conversion lenses like binoculars. hehe.

Great minds think alike ;)

sectional86 said:
hey guys. i've been eyeing on this camera ever since i saw it at harvey norman last week.
how is it comparable with the canon A610? i went to test the S5600 yest and the major differences i found:

just do it..... go out and get the S5600 :angel:

i begin to like more and more of my camera. after playing around enough of it, got to its inner beauty. my advice is get a hang of its characteristics and play along with it and not stubbornly use against it. hope someone understand what i'm conveying here :confused: :D

michhy said:
some new photos taken with the S5600
Comments are welcomed :)
more in my gallery here:
michhy's ClubSnap gallery

wow.. nice nice very nice. ya wat's your cam setting and u did it man. i dun think its macro. i guess its zoomed :think:

archie2000 said:
just do it..... go out and get the S5600 :angel:

i begin to like more and more of my camera. after playing around enough of it, got to its inner beauty. my advice is get a hang of its characteristics and play along with it and not stubbornly use against it. hope someone understand what i'm conveying here :confused: :D
cool!. thanks! tat's a very positive comment! will let my heart linger for a lil more. will get it next week when i'm free.

Hi guys,
how much exactly is the S5600 going for? and where can i get this?

dede said:
Hi guys,
how much exactly is the S5600 going for? and where can i get this?
$699@ harvey norman, $593.25@ MS color. comes with 256mb XD card, case, mini tripod.

i got mine from King Power Bangkok airport duty free. S$620 for standard package + 4 free fuji 2100 NM batteries, 1 fuji batteries charger, 1 fuji 256MB xd, 1 fuji poach ;)

guys i just got the 5600 from MS color. $550 -256mb card , case and mini tripod. got the GP power bank II for 20 buckaroos.
im loving it! where can i get a decent sized and reasonably priced xd card?

dede said:
guys i just got the 5600 from MS color. $550 -256mb card , case and mini tripod. got the GP power bank II for 20 buckaroos.
im loving it! where can i get a decent sized and reasonably priced xd card?
eh eh?MS color lower the price or u bargain? did u e-quote or just walk in?

Status
Not open for further replies.