Freelance quotation

Confaderal

Mar 20, 2011
Hi guys, just wondering. Are there any important pointers on what a freelance videographer quote must contain but is often left out? Like for example any legal clauses or terms and conditions?

perhaps state clearly the terms of engagement. how many hours you work, what is the output required and how many edits and additional charges for reshoot/re-edit. maybe safety issues as well, e.g. if the location is not safe, you reserve the right to refuse to work until proper procedures have been undertaken to ensure your safety.

Think in your client's shoes. What would they expect of you, and how to protect yourself against those terms so that it results in a win-win.

Very vague I know but it varies from person to person what they think should be in the contract. There are terms that have to be no matter what, like what Deunamist stated above.

it should contain these,

for the amount you pay,
I will do this and this,
and you will get this and this,
and for that and those are not included,
you need to pay this amount at this time or by this time,
and I will give you this thing at this time or by this time,

I will try my best to do your job, but I can't be responsible for anything that beyond my control.
so my liability only limited to this.

if you are cool with me, please agree and sign your name here.

it should contain these,

for the amount you pay,
I will do this and this,
and you will get this and this,
and for that and those are not included,
you need to pay this amount at this time or by this time,
and I will give you this thing at this time or by this time,

I will try my best to do your job, but I can't be responsible for anything that beyond my control.
so my liability only limited to this.

if you are cool with me, please agree and sign your name here.

Haha. Nicely put. And what happens if they don't live up to their end of the bargain or never pay up. What's the course of action?

Haha. Nicely put. And what happens if they don't live up to their end of the bargain or never pay up. What's the course of action?

Don't hand over the work done if they do not pay up.