Free wireless broadband, where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Astin said:
Wireless broadband effective distance is about 10m right? So I dont really need to sit inside Starbucks, just sit "near" to Starbucks and still can log in?
Yep... should be able to. NYDC @ Wheel lock was on 2nd level, I was at CoffeeBean first level and I managed to get the signal, but slightly weak :)

smallaperture said:
Wai, got 2 x cable modem? What on earth are you doing with it, which can serve up to 8 stations! Are you doing some business, some website? Just curious.

erm....for my house and my gf house ;p

i do run some website business but the server is located at data center, not at home :think:

StreetShooter said:
Actually any condo or HDB block sure got some unsecured wireless access.

haha ya like mine, there is one wireless access that is on everyday, but shut of at 2200hrs sharp.

StreetShooter said:

no leh.... the people around my flat are quite network security savvy. all of the networks need password one.

There is a HDB flat unit beside Dunman Sec that uses wireless and got no encryption. I've tried to use their network and the strength is good. Its dangerous lor, somemore i can access their router. Keke...

:bsmilie:

Macdonald's @ Lucky Chinatown no wireless access :( sigh.

Oh, finally a MacD that doesn't have wireless broadband...I was under the impression that all Macs will have wireless broadband.

Macs is still the place to go for free wireless access...it's like scattered all over Singapore. If you are thick-skinned enough you don't even have to buy anything from them.

Avoid the one at Junction 8 though...a quick scan brings up 4-5 wireless networks and it's pretty 'crowded' in fighting for a stable connection to the Macs WLAN.

StreetShooter said:

just been to HK and notice that most pple dun bother to secure their wireless AP

i turn on my laptop and easily scan 10-15 of them

and the download speed over there was :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

faster than i use MOL3000 here :angry:

and they are paying like HK$100/mth for unlimited access

Wai said:
just been to HK and notice that most pple dun bother to secure their wireless AP

i turn on my laptop and easily scan 10-15 of them

and the download speed over there was :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

faster than i use MOL3000 here :angry:

and they are paying like HK$100/mth for unlimited access
Yup, my HKG friend came to Singapore for holiday, he was wondering why everyone here bother to secure their home wireless BB :think:

Astin said:
Yup, my HKG friend came to Singapore for holiday, he was wondering why everyone here bother to secure their home wireless BB :think:

becos over here we pay so much $$ for that little bit of bandwidth....so cannot afford to let other pple leech? :dunno:

StreetShooter said:

Pebble Bay has one family with unsecured network. Went there for a BBQ last time and few of my friends started playing internet games FOC... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.