[ Four Thirds Cameras Images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first lightning shot:

3334892118_4988eb8efb_o.jpg

Not a great capture but totally enjoyed the experience of capturing the moment.

Oooops!

3334894378_2933e20f24_o.jpg

My little nephew totally caught unprepared.

nobody manage to take photo of merlion lighting strike eh

I took a lighting shot just now too.. shooting at Suntec city i think.. but not a great 1... disappointed. :cry:

not easy to get lightning shots mate, it just down to luck really

~ 'Cotton Buds' ~
@ Perth Botanic Gardens, Australia

Taken with E510 & 14-42mm kit lens

This one is better, the other one has some distraction with the lense flare

~ 'Cotton Buds' ~

Nice picture, care to share roughly at which angle the sun is? Is it directly at the side, or around 45 degree to the subject?

You can tell from the picture it is almost 40 degrees backlit of the subject and the image (metering) is slightly over exposed but in this case the shot turned out well. My question is : Was bracketing function of exposure used? Nice shot.

~ 'Cotton Buds' ~

This is a very good shot!

Nice picture, care to share roughly at which angle the sun is? Is it directly at the side, or around 45 degree to the subject?

You can tell from the picture it is almost 40 degrees backlit of the subject and the image (metering) is slightly over exposed but in this case the shot turned out well. My question is : Was bracketing function of exposure used? Nice shot.

Thanks gentlemen for the compliment, feedback and queries.

Yes....microcosm was right that the shot above was slight...ly over-exposed.

Actually the correct exposure setting was meant for this shot below

As you can see that this shot is nice but not as interesting (at least to my eye) as the one taken with the slightly over-exposure and the half-exposed sun in the background (trying not to conform to the usual and standard kind of shot).
At that time it was my gut feel that it might be a keeper.
Was bracketing used?....... No, but should have tried (in retrospect).....you 'll never know what you might get.......a winner.......hehe.
Cheers! :)

Thanks bro!

Here's another similar style of shot from the same location.

~ Wheat Grass ~

Thanks bro for your comment.

It was precisely due to the above 'distraction' reason that this particular shot was specially chosen for the posting.

I kind of like those created special effect such as "ghosting and lens flare' caused by the 'cheapo' UV filter.......as it sometimes adds interestingness moody feel to a rather often mundane shot that totally lacks color and contrast........It is always a challenge for me to do moody shot.....I have yet to think, feel and see in that 'light'....a cheap filter might be easier to do a better job than a expensive high end filter....... some of the times......hehe. ;)

It was precisely due to the above 'distraction' reason that this particular shot was specially chosen for the posting.

I kind of like those created special effect such as "ghosting and lens flare' caused by the 'cheapo' UV filter.......as it sometimes adds interestingness moody feel to a rather often mundane shot that totally lacks color and contrast........It is always a challenge for me to do moody shot.....I have yet to think, feel and see in that 'light'....a cheap filter might be easier to do a better job than a expensive high end filter....... some of the times......hehe. ;)

You got that right bro. There are times when these "impurities" work to your advantage and add depth into an otherwise boring image. Your creativity and eye for details is getting better and better. :thumbsup:

Thanks bro for your comment.

You can try different crop of you photo you might still find usable image by removing the distracting flare. It will be small but still usable and nice. :)

Haven;t posted for sometime here's some to share

OM040177.jpg

OM040238.jpg

from hong lim market

OM219669.jpg

OM219699.jpg

I wanted to show how when flowers are magnified, they have a world of their own...a flower within a flower

..taken with 14-54mm Mk II lens, on E30:
20090226_17.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.