Found a baby bird, need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
centuryegg said:
Thanks for the advice.. How do you feed the fellow?

However the fellow I found only sleeps and stares maliciously at me each time I bring a chopstick of food to its beak.... Refuses to eat ......

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: Liquid diet my friend. You'll need to get the liquid powder/diet and mix it with water than feed it with a syringe bit by bit. It may take as long as up to 5 mins for each feed.

yqt said:
:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: Liquid diet my friend. You'll need to get the liquid powder/diet and mix it with water than feed it with a syringe bit by bit. It may take as long as up to 5 mins for each feed.

its big enough to be fed with worms, only the new borns need then mix with water..
;p

can tell by the beak....got pics??

eikin said:
never know you're a bird expert as well :bigeyes:

No lar, not expert, just that my brothe-in-law bought a hatchling from a bird shop and my kids tooking a liking to it. Every time they go over to his place they'll want to see how he do the feeding. Even when the bird was a little bigger, still need to be on special type of bird food.

How big is the bird? Sometime they don't eat due to stress of being in a new place. If that is the case, than you may need to "force feed" it in order to save it's life.

Its quite big.... can fly just that cant fly above 1m and it drops to the ground.... about 70 percent the size of a full grown mynah.

centuryegg said:
Its quite big.... can fly just that cant fly above 1m and it drops to the ground.... about 70 percent the size of a full grown mynah.

feed worms 100% ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait it is lazy to fly away and then stay with u all the way...haha
:bigeyes:

GENO said:
feed worms 100% ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait it is lazy to fly away and then stay with u all the way...haha
:bigeyes:

Yup, definitely worms. Buy them from a bird shop. You may have to coaxe it to eat by holding it near its beak. For water, you can buy one of those syringes with a bulb (looks like a tube with a rubber bulb at the end, usually used for medicine). Drip a bit of water on its beak if it doesn't want to drink at first, then slowly it will get the idea.

Wild birds in captivity needs getting used to in an enclosed environment. So that may be the reason it is refusing to eat. Good luck!

toliet train the bird from young, and teach it to call u PaPa.
:bsmilie:

sorry can't help much, if it were a rat I'll know what to do.

Sjourn said:
toliet train the bird from young, and teach it to call u PaPa.
:bsmilie:

sorry can't help much, if it were a rat I'll know what to do.

Then keep the bird and if anyone wants to shoot birds but dont have 500mm lens, can take close up of this fellow.

:thumbsup: for a nature lover.

Status
Not open for further replies.