For people who getting camera this week!

I called today:

MS colours was quoted 1380 with 8gb, tripod(claim from canon). canon bag and guide book..
iphoto(at lucky plaza) same as MS colours
Orient photo (same minus the guide book)

then currently TK photo offering the best deal already. Hi seniors ! , issit possible to phone bargain with them about the gift and price?

then currently TK photo offering the best deal already. Hi seniors ! , issit possible to phone bargain with them about the gift and price?
For what? Save another 10 bucks? Calculate the time for all this, multiply with hourly rate according your salary ... Put more energy in learning photography. Electronics will always be cheaper in 2 weeks time...

anyway all this free gifts all cmi one la.

just get the cheapest deal u can find, use the money u saved to invest in something else that will last.

Sitex Nikon deals quite bad... no more battery grip or 50mm deal? price totally cant make it.

Yes its possible of course..but nobody knows how much discount or whether u can get a discount. Since you already got the prices..choose 1..and buy. We are not the salesperson..

anyway all this free gifts all cmi one la.

just get the cheapest deal u can find, use the money u saved to invest in something else that will last.

A wife? :bsmilie:

haha yeah the canon hood good what O_O 70 dollar lei, got controller also . tmr going the tk foto liao. dumb it show lol

already told you IT show's deals suck like hell liao.

bought camera liao. sian that hood is 3rd party de ! -_-! oh well. so happy but all my friend say u dont know how use dslr. buy so good for what?! issit wrong? :( i can learn though grrr

Also, bring the e-qoute along, I just bought something during lunch. eqoute put $160.

auntie still say that one not including GST, i promptly point to the sentence that says " all qoutations are inclusive of 7% GST"

so ya.

I'm surprised to hear such things coming from CP. If it was me, I might take note of her name and tell her I will complain to IRAS about this. To me such sale tactics should not be tolerated.

Perhaps the moderators can consider posting a sticky in consumers corner or some section regarding the link to IRAS website on gst display prices.

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=824

Quote: "GST registered business must show GST-inclusive prices on all price displays (e.g. price tags, price lists, advertisements, publicity brochures, website). Prices that are quoted, whether written or verbal, must also be GST-inclusive. Failure to do so is an offence and offenders may be fined for up to $5000."

If I remember correctly I've read a thread before that touched on this GST topic and I also realised that many consumers are not aware of this.

Last edited:
S2Glow said:
bought camera liao. sian that hood is 3rd party de ! -_-! oh well. so happy but all my friend say u dont know how use dslr. buy so good for what?! issit wrong? :( i can learn though grrr

Nothing wrong.

Just enjoy ur new toy, beware of virus

who cares.. u happy can liao. go shoot more.. if you have any problem. try to use search function first..and please read the provided manual.

S2Glow said:

Erm.. Who in the world comes with the innate ability to use a dslr, and who doesn't learn to use one at some point of his/her life?

Enjoy your new dslr and keep shooting. Hehe =p

wahaha xD , currently i want to buy a good and cheap tripod and monopod. any recommendation?

wahaha xD , currently i want to buy a good and cheap tripod and monopod. any recommendation?

generally, good and cheap cannot co-exist.

S2Glow said:

Cheap and strong - not light
Cheap and light - not strong
Strong and light - not cheap

:)

HAPPY HUNTING!

ZerocoolAstra said:
Cheap and strong - not light
Cheap and light - not strong
Strong and light - not cheap

:)

HAPPY HUNTING!

Light and reasonable price?