fixed focal lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Window Gallery said:
Fixed Focal lengths are almost always sharper!

Less glass for the image to travel thru means sharper image! ;p

Have you tried a 50/1L? You might want to change your opinion after spending a day with this poor performer.

actually i'm v curious about the 50mm F1.8, wat's the diff of I & II? saw I pricing actually higher than II where II is the upgrade ver of I?

chenwei said:
actually i'm v curious about the 50mm F1.8, wat's the diff of I & II? saw I pricing actually higher than II where II is the upgrade ver of I?

The version I is the original older 50mm f1.8 with metal mounts. Its built is excellent. The version II is the same lens in plastic mounts. Its cheaper because of its new plastic parts. Optically similar with some users prefering the older version I.
;)

i c hee~ thanks bro, which ver u using? plastic mount make any diff?

Back to the zoom-prime topic. I love zooms, but there are times when I take just the 50mm or 28mm out for a spin with the FM2. Very small package, gets the job done. :cool:

in fact i started to love prime so much, but it's really headache when come to the DSLR crop factor... >_< 50mm become 80mm...

chenwei said:
in fact i started to love prime so much, but it's really headache when come to the DSLR crop factor... >_< 50mm become 80mm...

that why i started to buy the 35mm and 20mm prime lens :sweat:

lol... erm... i tot shd be 28mm prime? like tat v jialat ler...

chenwei said:
lol... erm... i tot shd be 28mm prime? like tat v jialat ler...

on 1.6x bodies

28mm = 44.8mm
35mm = 56mm

on 1.3x bodies

28mm = 36.4mm
35mm = 45.5mm

depends on you lor, i perfer the 35mm lens, used on FF and film bodies, its 35mm shiok!

Belle&Sebastain said:
on 1.6x bodies

28mm = 44.8mm
35mm = 56mm

on 1.3x bodies

28mm = 36.4mm
35mm = 45.5mm

depends on you lor, i perfer the 35mm lens, used on FF and film bodies, its 35mm shiok!
i c i c... heh, then i better hold on first, see which come higher priority~

thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.