First Impression with K-5IIs, and Quick Comparison with K-30

No articulated screen, no focus peaking, no improved video frame rate, no dual card slot, no.......

How much is the K5IIs? Where to buy?

K5 don't have all this also . But it's still very good and fit my need and I still enjoy every moment with it.
K5IIs don't have the above but got something more the others don't have too . Ha

going to flip a coin...heads sell my K30 buy K5IIs. tails...selling my K30 buy K5IIs..........

going to flip a coin...heads sell my K30 buy K5IIs. tails...selling my K30 buy K5IIs..........

land in the middle how?

wa.....land in middle i die.....keep k30 buy k5II and K5IIs....

If land middle..it is fated liao..add in the Q and Q10 also..

felixcat8888 said:
Yes if land in the middle (On the side) the must buy:
K5II
K5IIs
Q
Q10
K01

preparing to declare bankruptcy now first.

I just received my K-5 IIS today, ordered from B&H.

Local stocks arriving early next week according to some shops.

K-5 battery grip works from what I can tell with my 5 minutes of handling.

That's cool! Congrats!

But hope it won't be a trend that we all buy from oversea instead of from local shops ...

Hurray for you ! Did B&H send direct to you or you had to use a concierge service like vPost ?

Direct.

wow congrats!! but now seem like buying from oversea seem to be able to get it faster than buying locally liao :(

But isnt it normal for anyone to just buy from overseas if they find everything here is more expensive? It happen to even clothes, other gadgets and even cars!!

buying cams from overseas is such a norm now, no wonder local business retailers all swatting flies.

That's cool! Congrats!

But hope it won't be a trend that we all buy from oversea instead of from local shops ...

But isnt it normal for anyone to just buy from overseas if they find everything here is more expensive? It happen to even clothes, other gadgets and even cars!!

buying cams from overseas is such a norm now, no wonder local business retailers all swatting flies.

Not really, at least not for Pentax in the past 3 years 'cause our local prices for Pentax cameras/lenses were cheaper than oversea countries including HK and the US.

If the local prices are quite a bit higher than oversea ones, and if the difference is big enough, I'm sure guys would go for oversea sources again, just like old days :(

Last edited:

Personally, I'd try to buy local. (Hassle, warranty, local support/avaliability)
However if price delta is >$150 or 200, I might consider buying overseas.

If retailers don't want to swat flies, then they need to understand that the market is global now.
How come ang-mo with their higher retail worker pay, lax return policies can still sell cheaper than us?
Something is wrong with the retailer mentality here.

Despite all I've said, I keep my fingers crossed that street prices/rebates will still be good and keep Pentax highly competitive /visible in Singapore.

Last edited: