Faces of people in Sikkim-India

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Horse Run

Mar 22, 2004
i m from the East
hi everyone

Just sharing some images of portraiture taken during my trip in Xmas to Sikkim (a small mountain state in India).
My trip takes me from S'pore-Kolkata-Bagdogra then 4-5hrs jeep ride thru west Bengal to West Sikkim.

Location shoot: West Sikkim - Rinchenpong/Kaluk/Dentam/Reshi area.
Elevation approx 1700m / 5600feet.
Population: Mainly Lepchas (13%), Bhutias(16%) & Nepalese (67%)
People are very friendly & I did not encounter any problem when I go close to take some shots of them.

enjoy the images ...

Loc: Bagdogra (Sikkim Tourism Office) to apply permit to enter the Sikkim, a military controlled region.
Sikkim-00977b-young-boy.jpg

young girl along the road, we stopped the vehicle and took a shot from inside the car
Sikkim-01181b.jpg

Sikkim-01336b-kids.jpg

Sikkim-01489b-kids.jpg

Last edited:
Loc: Dentam, this kid kept laughing when I took his picture ...
Sikkim-01655m-nice-smile.jpg

saw this young boy outside the hut, they seem to give me a certain "stare" .. probably this is a
place where tourists seldom go or maybe it was my camera ...
Sikkim-01754p-kids.jpg

i was a little apprehensive to go close and shoot this old lady. But before that I was speaking to her grandson
outside their house, so he explained to his grandma that i was going to take pictures of her ... and I promised
that I will send her this pic.
Sikkim-02023b.jpg

Sikkim-02116b-kids.jpg

Last edited:
I was on my own walking around the village & stumbled on this kids, and later their parents invited me for tea (I thk should be Darjeeling tea) at their humble kitchen where they boiled water & milk with firewoods.
Sikkim-02142g-kids.jpg

i was outside Sreebadam Primary School and this young boy came up beside me and gave me this stare ....
Sikkim-02269g-kids.jpg

i entered the school playground & it was a natural to shoot this kids - no need to pose for the shots.
Sikkim-02298b-sch-boys.jpg

a shy little girl
Sikkim-02306p-kids.jpg

Last edited:
kids at at the open field - Sreebadam town
Sikkim-02368n.jpg

surely it is a dentist nightmare ...
Sikkim-02381b-old-man.jpg

at Sreebadam-West Sikkim openfield, got this young boy who can speak english to gather some kids for this fun shot ...
Sikkim-02396b-cheeky-kids.jpg

we were driving pass this small hut when we saw some kids playing outside their house. we stopped the car and took some shots of them. Later we bought few packs of biscuits and gave it to them when we pass this house on our last day.
Sikkim-02885b-kids.jpg

Last edited:
I was on my own walking around the village & stumbled on this kids, and later their parents invited me for tea (I thk should be Darjeeling tea) at their humble kitchen where they boiled water & milk with firewoods.
Sikkim-02142g-kids.jpg
this boy's look is a real keeper! :thumbsup:

Bro nice photo

A remarkable portraits of people,thanks for sharing bro.

Marvellous.

Can you please share what lenses did you shoot with these & what you would normally pack?

Marvellous.

Can you please share what lenses did you shoot with these & what you would normally pack?
hi NineEeleven

My eqpt in this trip:
just one body - D700

For Portraiture shots i used my old old lenses -
105mm f/2.8D micro (i used this lens for portraiture)
50mm f/1.4

Wide angle:
14-24mm f/2.8G

cheers

hi NineEeleven

My eqpt in this trip:
just one body - D700

For Portraiture shots i used my old old lenses -
105mm f/2.8D micro (i used this lens for portraiture)
50mm f/1.4

Wide angle:
14-24mm f/2.8G

cheers

Thanks mate, I have just bought the same body & the same 105 micro+50! I didn't expect the micro to execute so well for portraits :)

Btw, did u manage to mail the photo over :angel:

Last edited:
Lovely shots Bro! Every each one is nice...
Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.