Faces of people in Sikkim-India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate, I have just bought the same body & the same 105 micro+50! I didn't expect the micro to execute so well for portraits :)

Btw, did u manage to mail the photo over :angel:
hi NineEleven

Wow we have the same configuration of eqpt !

I am ok with the weight for the street shoot using D700 (w/o batt pack) + 14-24mm = about 2kg. Very stable.
The end result of the clarity & colors of images with this optics are worth the hassle.

btw, my friend from India (who was with us in Sikkim) will be in S'pore this Sunday, so he will bring back the hard copies to India & post for me.

cheers

Last edited:
hi NineEleven

Wow we have the same configuration of eqpt !

I am ok with the weight for the street shoot using D700 (w/o batt pack) + 14-24mm = about 2kg. Very stable.
The end result of the clarity & colors of images with this optics are worth the hassle.

btw, my friend from India (who was with us in Sikkim) will be in S'pore this Sunday, so he will bring back the hard copies to India & post for me.

cheers
Great & thanks for the PM. Hope I can join you guys for such trips in future as I've always wanted to visit Central Asia. But maybe we can do Ubin first! hahaha

Bro, lovely photos.

I'm from Myanmar and I'll try to take these kind of shots when i go back. Very good inspiration from you.

Great & thanks for the PM. Hope I can join you guys for such trips in future as I've always wanted to visit Central Asia. But maybe we can do Ubin first! hahaha
Ubin ??
I bike there regularly and is familiar with the trails.
Can u cycle well ? Perhaps we can meet up & I can show u areas to shoot.

Bro, lovely photos.

I'm from Myanmar and I'll try to take these kind of shots when i go back. Very good inspiration from you.
hi nyist

wow .. glad to hear that the images inspires u.
I think your country has alot to offer in term of photo opportunities.
Perhaps when you are back in Myanmar, u can start on what is around you.

I usually fix my wide angle first, then I shoot until I am satisfy, then switched to 50mm then 105mm.
In this way, I stayed focus on what I have to shoot with that lens that i have fitted on. Try using
just a 50mm / 18mm for example & see what you can shoot with it.

hope to see yr Myanmar images.
cheers

:)Hey MAN,

It's really a good Portraits shots.I always wanted to visit this lovely country.
Well done!:thumbsup:

Excellent images bro, very well taken and I like all the compositions.
melvin

:)Hey MAN,

It's really a good Portraits shots.I always wanted to visit this lovely country.
Well done!:thumbsup:

i like the children images. well done.

Great series of travel photos! Cultivating and beautifully captured. Well done! :thumbsup:

GREAT STUFF!
Especially the kids.

hey everyone .... Thks for the compliments. It is nice to see u guys appreciatiing the images. :)

Sikkim-02023b.jpg

Wow... Very impressive series. Really No Horse Run.. ha ha.. :thumbsup:
This is my fav pic. Like the feel & IQ of this pic. Very 3D.
When i look at this pic, it's like she is standing in front of me, looking at me in real life. Give me a "i was there" feeling when u shoot this pic.
Excellent portrait, bro... :thumbsup:

Can u give me the link of your multiply gallery? would like to see your other shots as well :)

Last edited:
the shots are incredible! Everybody look good in the picture. Did u ps any of their skintone and texture?

the shots are incredible! Everybody look good in the picture. Did u ps any of their skintone and texture?
hi brightly

No PS done on the skintone & texture. I am not very good in PP, just the basic only.

Camera setting under Picture control: "Portrait".
Wide angle - colors are very accurate, the performance of the 14-24mm f/2.8 lens.
Facial shots - 50mm f/1.4 & 105mm f/2.8D micro lens.

Last edited:
i was outside Sreebadam Primary School and this young boy came up beside me and gave me this stare ....
Sikkim-02269g-kids.jpg

My favourite. There's something about those eyes. Wonderful set of portraits you have here.

I like these, dude... amazing light you had and eyes too .... I can see 'YOU' so clearly in some of their eyes :) ......Now, I know why you like to shoot 'eyes' during my shoots :bsmilie: ... you are getting very good at it :thumbsup:

My favourite. There's something about those eyes. Wonderful set of portraits you have here.

hi ahBian
I was using my old 50mm f/1.4 ..

I like these, dude... amazing light you had and eyes too .... I can see 'YOU' so clearly in some of their eyes :) ......Now, I know why you like to shoot 'eyes' during my shoots :bsmilie: ... you are getting very good at it :thumbsup:

wa AhV .. suddenly u appear ... my fav is "passport" portraiture pics !
and yes, you can see me in a light blue jeans on this boy's eye.

cheers man :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.