FA50mm f1.4

Nice~
I love the Petal Shape Hoods.

(Correct me if I'm Wrong)
Petal Shape Hoods cannot cover right.
So quite troublesome that when I want to use my camera, I have to put on the hood, and when I keep the camera, I have to take out the hood and put my lens cap on.

I seldom leave my camera hanging on my neck for a long period of time.
(Afraid I might scratch my camera as mine is the White K-X, scratches will be quite obvious.)
HAHAS, Kind of regret getting the White one already, cos scratches will be quite obvious, already has a small chip mark on the flash pop up. :(
Should have just settled for the Black Dual Lens Kit. :p

Anyone wants to swop your RED K-X with my WHITE ? LOLS
(Mine is about a month old only.)

Nice~
I love the Petal Shape Hoods.

(Correct me if I'm Wrong)
Petal Shape Hoods cannot cover right.
So quite troublesome that when I want to use my camera, I have to put on the hood, and when I keep the camera, I have to take out the hood and put my lens cap on.

I seldom leave my camera hanging on my neck for a long period of time.
(Afraid I might scratch my camera as mine is the White K-X, scratches will be quite obvious.)
HAHAS, Kind of regret getting the White one already, cos scratches will be quite obvious, already has a small chip mark on the flash pop up. :(
Should have just settled for the Black Dual Lens Kit. :p

Anyone wants to swop your RED K-X with my WHITE ? LOLS
(Mine is about a month old only.)

You can still use filters and the original lens cap with the original/OEM petal hood designed for the kit lens. You can also remove the hood and mount it reversed so that it stores more compactly. Just don't use the lens with the hood reversed because you'll look a bit silly.

The scratches are ok lah, no one will notice so you just have to accept that it's there and get over it! Anyway the camera still functions perfectly so go take photos to make yourself happier, don't be so afraid to bring it out!

You can still use filters and the original lens cap with the original/OEM petal hood designed for the kit lens. You can also remove the hood and mount it reversed so that it stores more compactly. Just don't use the lens with the hood reversed because you'll look a bit silly.

The scratches are ok lah, no one will notice so you just have to accept that it's there and get over it! Anyway the camera still functions perfectly so go take photos to make yourself happier, don't be so afraid to bring it out!

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/PH-RBA-52mm-Lens-Hood-Pentax-DA-18-55mm-F3-5-5-6-AL-/120558928915?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Lens_Accessories&hash=item1c11df4413

With this Hood on my Kit Lens, I will still be able to put the Original Lens Cap on?

yes. i'm using something similar.

Don't understand.
How come with Flower Petal Hood on my Original Lens cap still can put on? LOLS

Any pics?

Cos the diameter of the hood is bigger then the cap mah . so sure can put on de

Don't understand.
How come with Flower Petal Hood on my Original Lens cap still can put on? LOLS

Any pics?

Every lens I've used so far with a petal hood can put the lens cap on whether the hood is mounted forward or reversed. If you can't put the cap on then it's a bad hood design. Just trust us on this.

This is probably the only photo I can find online with the hood AND cap mounted.

P9160583.jpg

Every lens I've used so far with a petal hood can put the lens cap on whether the hood is mounted forward or reversed. If you can't put the cap on then it's a bad hood design. Just trust us on this.

This is probably the only photo I can find online with the hood AND cap mounted.

P9160583.jpg

Trust you on this then.
Any other reccomendations for the Kit lens besides the one felixcat reccomend?

last i checked, original pentax lens hood not easy to find... and expensive when found :sweat:

Out of stock everywhere, and US$32 even if you can find it in stock. Does the one designed for the 18-55 WR fit though?

Out of stock everywhere, and US$32 even if you can find it in stock. Does the one designed for the 18-55 WR fit though?

I don't think it fit as the FA 50 mm f1.4 dosen't have the grooves for the lens hood

p.s I may be wrong as i don't currently own the lens but, pretty sure i dose not have it ...

I don't think it fit as the FA 50 mm f1.4 dosen't have the grooves for the lens hood

p.s I may be wrong as i don't currently own the lens but, pretty sure i dose not have it ...

I'm asking for a Hood for the 18-55 Kit Lens now...

Already ordered a Metal Lens Hood from eBay for the FA50 F1.4 already. ;)

WOW~
If its so expensive, I think the one felixcat reccommended is good enough which cost S$20?