External Flash trigger voltage - reply from Suntax

Status
Not open for further replies.
snapMan said:
Thanks for the imput Awongkk! Well, reason why i asked this is cos i read on here: http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1981

I Quote FZ20knowitall "...I first purchased Panasonics recommended flash (FL-28 I believe). ....you can fire this flash for three consecutive shots which I find to be very useful. The built in flash it is only one shot at a time....."

Don't believe what they say in the catalogue or manual :nono: . Try it out for yourself. Manual of 328DTZ says recharge time for flash is between 0.5sec to 5sec ...only true for the latter. :thumbsd:

Is the Suntax 328DTZ better than the internal flash?

Can the flash be use on the FZ20 in both auto and manual mode? Is it compatible with all the aperture sizes on manual mode?

lightning69 said:
Is the Suntax 328DTZ better than the internal flash?

Can the flash be use on the FZ20 in both auto and manual mode? Is it compatible with all the aperture sizes on manual mode?

Yes, it can be used in auto as well as manual mode on FZ20. In auto, it can sync at 1/60s and in manual mode you can sync at between 1/60 to 1/250s with the camera (tried this with very good results). As for aperture settings you can select between F2.8 or F5.6 as there is a switch at the front of the flash to do this (blue/red switch). For myself I usually control the harshness of the flash by tilting the bounce angle. Btw, the 328DTZ is really a powerful flash with twin and it is definitely more powerful than the internal flash 'cos it has a guide number of of 25m (or 82ft). ;)

awongkk said:
I :dunno: the flash will be fast enough to fire the second shoot, I know at least for FZ10 and my Vivitar 283 is not able to. External Flash will not work in busrt mode. Or maybe I do not know how to use it. :bsmilie:

Just found that the 328DTZ can do burst shots 3 in a row. All you need to do is use automatic mode (the switch at the front of the flash). :D

just to add in that if you guys prefer a bounce, swivel and zoom flash for panasonic, you can try the ds328az, brand is emoblitz which i purchase from alan photo. used it on my fz10 and pictures so far is good.

tsin said:
just to add in that if you guys prefer a bounce, swivel and zoom flash for panasonic, you can try the ds328az, brand is emoblitz which i purchase from alan photo. used it on my fz10 and pictures so far is good.

how much did you buy?

tsin said:

Can your Emoblitz do burst mode flashing or not? ;p

Zenten said:

hahaha...zenten wanna haolian liao!!! :bsmilie: quick! say: "Can your suntax swivel??" ;)

Where can I get the best price for suntax 328dtz and a diffuser and how much?

snapMan said:
hahaha...zenten wanna haolian liao!!! :bsmilie: quick! say: "Can your suntax swivel??" ;)

Hey, Hao what? Using a flash that can do burst-shooting is like buying insurance for your photo shoot. Like tikam, at least can get one out of three. :embrass:

lightning69 said:
Where can I get the best price for suntax 328dtz and a diffuser and how much?

You can get 328DTZ for $50/- at MS Color or AP. As for diffuser, 20 cents can get you a pack of 10 disposable ones. After photo shoot and dinner, can use them to wipe your mouth. :kiss: :bsmilie:

how to get 50 for the flash... most pple get it at 60... i went both shop oso quoted 60 lehz...

hmmmz... pls advice...?

Cheers...

Zenten said:
Emoblitz DS328AZ can do burst shots 3 in a row. Tested.
Can bounce, swivel and zoom.
Automatic with one aperture setting F2.8.

ZinY said:

eh i saw your emoblitz pictures on this site:
http://translate.google.com/transla...rev=/search?q=emoblitz+DS328AZ&hl=en&lr=&sa=G

according to the pictures, theres only 3 settings - N, S1, and S2...

Can you explain more on the settings? All the labelling of the pics seem to be in korean so catch no ball.. :dunno: whats the white dot in front for? :dunno:

snapMan said:
eh i saw your emoblitz pictures on this site:
http://translate.google.com/transla...rev=/search?q=emoblitz+DS328AZ&hl=en&lr=&sa=G

according to the pictures, theres only 3 settings - N, S1, and S2...

Can you explain more on the settings? All the labelling of the pics seem to be in korean so catch no ball.. :dunno: whats the white dot in front for? :dunno:
N = Normal. When flash is used on the hot shoe
S1 = As a Slave flash - If built-in flash trigger once only
S2 = As a Slave flash - If built-in flash trigger twice, i.e. with pre-flash

White dot? A sensor - for (auto) metering, I suppose.
Another one below in red colour, for detecting the camera flash in slave mode. IR?

ZinY said:

Good choice. I thought you wanted to add that it can also Shake, Rattle and Roll ,,,,and do the Cha Cha!!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

ZinY said:
N = Normal. When flash is used on the hot shoe
S1 = As a Slave flash - If built-in flash trigger once only
S2 = As a Slave flash - If built-in flash trigger twice, i.e. with pre-flash

White dot? A sensor - for (auto) metering, I suppose.
Another one below in red colour, for detecting the camera flash in slave mode. IR?

hmm, sounds good, so normal mode and everything is 'auto'? Cannot control the flash power? FZ20 not TTL, so the camera cannot tell the flash what to meter on, so the flash may have problem deciding on strength of flash.

Zenten said:
You can get 328DTZ for $50/- at MS Color or AP. As for diffuser, 20 cents can get you a pack of 10 disposable ones. After photo shoot and dinner, can use them to wipe your mouth. :kiss: :bsmilie:

So how much is the real diffuser?

Heard the Omnibouce is about $30. Is that true?

lightning69 said:
So how much is the real diffuser?

Heard the Omnibouce is about $30. Is that true?

It's about $10. You sure you don't want the disposable ones? :bheart:

Zenten said:
It's about $10. You sure you don't want the disposable ones? :bheart:

It this a joke or there are really a disposable diffuser like the tissue paper!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.