Ext. flash for fz5

Status
Not open for further replies.
metallilan said:
the FZ5 has no hotshoe so you have to affix it to a flash bracket or somesort.

something like that. perhaps not the best of pics.
dscf00086rl.jpg

old pic la...haha. will get some fresh new pics of my gear soon.

Have to dig this up, I think some of the other ppl here would also want to know (including me), how do u attach the film canister to the on-board flash?

dts_spawn said:
Have to dig this up, I think some of the other ppl here would also want to know (including me), how do u attach the film canister to the on-board flash?

err, thats simple, just cut a square small enough to be put on the flash :bsmilie:

oh.. haha. Didn't think of that. Then what's the green rubber band for?

dts_spawn said:
oh.. haha. Didn't think of that. Then what's the green rubber band for?

cuz i had cut it from the rim inward so it got alittle loose afterwards :sweat: , my advise is to measure it nice in the centre and cut it from there and not from the rim ;)

besides the emoblitz 328, which other slave flash systems are commonly used with the fz5?

thinking of getting a slave flash system but the emoblitz is ugly...

schon said:
besides the emoblitz 328, which other slave flash systems are commonly used with the fz5?

not sure. i sent my Fz5 with emoblitz in public most of the time... do fear getting laughed at but what the heck, im the guy taking the pictures anyway.

i think there's the er, sunblitz flash? i know ExplorerZ has one, works like the emoblitz although it has no pan and tilt head...

my recent event shooting with the emoblitz : http://metallilan.multiply.com/photos/album/25

schon said:

haha y care about the look? as long as it serve you well = good. even if you can find a flash with gold plating, it will still looks ulgy after long usage :bsmilie:. and lastly it is not how ur equipments look, it is how the output will be :thumbsup:

tchuanye said:
metallilan

Your flash can adjust power output or not? Considering this as possible replacement.....
Only two slaves can do this, Vivitar DF200 (no longer manufactured) and Phoenix D91-BZS. Trying to find them in HK at the moment.

ok i'll rephrase my qn. the emoblitz is one of the flash systems that can be used, and i'd just like to know what are the other options worth considering?

ugly was just for fun lah. we all know that it's the photos and not the equipment that counts. :)

schon said:
ok i'll rephrase my qn. the emoblitz is one of the flash systems that can be used, and i'd just like to know what are the other options worth considering?

ugly was just for fun lah. we all know that it's the photos and not the equipment that counts. :)

I think if im not wrong you can use any flash then use the akarui optical slave adaptor(the one i have) so that the flash being used can be turned into slave. Not sure if the manual functions apply when the optical slave adaptor is used.

tip : got this from FZ5Owner, if you do get the emoblitz, tape the light sensor with a black tape so that the flash will fire at full blast ;)

metallilan said:
I think if im not wrong you can use any flash then use the akarui optical slave adaptor(the one i have) so that the flash being used can be turned into slave. Not sure if the manual functions apply when the optical slave adaptor is used.

tip : got this from FZ5Owner, if you do get the emoblitz, tape the light sensor with a black tape so that the flash will fire at full blast ;)

thanks metallilan. does this mean that the emoblitz per se isn't a slave flash? i.e. it needs the adaptor?

schon said:
thanks metallilan. does this mean that the emoblitz per se isn't a slave flash? i.e. it needs the adaptor?

er. the emoblitz itself has a slave, you do not need an adaptor.

what i meant was you might try using a dedicated flash and covert to a slave flash using an adaptor. but best for Fz5 is to use an already built in slave flash.

metallilan said:
er. the emoblitz itself has a slave, you do not need an adaptor.

what i meant was you might try using a dedicated flash and covert to a slave flash using an adaptor. but best for Fz5 is to use an already built in slave flash.

ah k. cuz u mentioned u have the adaptor and the 328 which led me to that conclusion. :think:

I have a Embolitz 328 for sale, neg for Lumix owners. PM me if you're interested to get, ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.