EXPOSE yourself - XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
where the jiao come from!

Lovebird2.jpg

The early lovebirds are here liao! :bsmilie:

O Hai.....anyone in town area today? me going walk walk shoot shoot until dinner time.

O Hai.....anyone in town area today? me going walk walk shoot shoot until dinner time.

I will be at harborfront to pick up the focusing rail later :D
Might go earlier to hoot people

35mm f/1.4 L or 17-55 f/2.8?
I've to shoot a wedding for a friend in feb.

I'm thinking more for 17-55 as definitely have group shots to take. But I'm curious about people's opinion.
Then I maybe can use 17-55 with my 50mm... or maybe rent the 85mm f/1.2 to go with the zoom lens.

Last edited:
CONGRATS ON YOUR PURCHASE!

Definitely 17-55 2.8 IS - way more versatile than only one fixed prime for weddings and events. :)

lol thats true :D
wonder what lens to pair with it. my 50mm 1.8 should be enough right?
I've read in threads how some of them used the 70-200 2.8 but seeing as how I don't have much experience using that baby I won't be using that. Rather play it safe. :lovegrin:

I'm thinking more for 17-55 as definitely have group shots to take. But I'm curious about people's opinion.
Then I maybe can use 17-55 with my 50mm... or maybe rent the 85mm f/1.2 to go with the zoom lens.

CONGRATS ON YOUR PURCHASE!

Definitely 17-55 2.8 IS - way more versatile than only one fixed prime for weddings and events. :)

@DM... not really

@Tainted... really depends on what you want to capture, 35/1.4 is somewhat a "sweet spot" for having a good bokeh without making wedding shoots like portraits, it's wide enough to include what's happening around the couples but not steal the focus away from the subject... dunno if you get what I mean.

then again, a 17-55/2.8 is definitely more friendly indoors and group shots.

But if you can siam group shots... then faster lens and natural light photography is sorta "in-thing" nowadays. ;)

You can see the below I've taken almost entirely with 50/1.4 and 30/1.4 on 2 bodies (only exception is #18 which is 12mm)

http://gallery.photoevangel.com/main.php?g2_itemId=1619

CYRN, I'm considering various factors when I offered that comment. ;)

Haha nope I can't escape the group shots. My friend told me to anticipate lots of those already.
If there were not group shots I might have gone for the 35mm as its quite fun to use. :D

You're a food critic?

Where? For which publication? Can share link? Would LOVE to read some of your work. ;)

hi hi,

Good afternoon sir

me no food critic. i fry kuay teow mee fishball goreng roti prata for a living:bsmilie:

dat was just a novice attempt.;)

go with the 35mm prime. you will fall in love with it whether your on a 1.6crop or 1.3 or full frame.

And CYRN is right on what he said. his pix all very nice.

CYRN, I'm considering various factors when I offered that comment. ;)

Haha nope I can't escape the group shots. My friend told me to anticipate lots of those already.
If there were not group shots I might have gone for the 35mm as its quite fun to use. :D

oic... then 17-55 is a much better choice...

... can I tempt you with a relatively cheap Sigma 30/1.4 too. :devil:

hi hi,

Good afternoon sir

me no food critic. i fry kuay teow mee fishball goreng roti prata for a living:bsmilie:

dat was just a novice attempt.;)

So you did attempt to write food critics? Would still love to read them! :)

You're a chef?

OMG I WANT........... T_T
but not much $$ to my name.... actually I have a savings account with $$$....
But mother is hanging on to the bank book for me cause she knows I'm very bad at saving moony. :sweatsm:

or maybe rent the 85mm f/1.2 to go with the zoom lens.

the 85L is rather restrictive to be used in a hdb setting for AD shoot imho. esp so if you intend to use only one body.

But hey, go for what you think the couple is looking for.... I had once used the 85 solely for a march in and the couple loved the results - without flash of course

So you did attempt to write food critics? Would still love to read them! :)

You're a chef?

i work with food critics and the media and stat boards closely wrt food. and i do make appearance once in a long while

Status
Not open for further replies.