EP5 with panny 25mm f1.4 [Loud focusing noise]

xavye

Deregistered
May 27, 2010
Mounted my panny 25mm f1.4 onto my EP5, can hear very loud focusing noise. Can anyone with this setup let me know if you are facing any problem with it?

Thanks

The 25/1.4 has the rattlesnake issue on the EM5, didn't know it has the same issue on the EP5 though.

Didn't had that issue with my em5. :(

Anyone other bros can share your experience?

There is nothing wrong with the setup.. It's just how the camera communicates with the lens on the environmental light changes, and how the lens reacts by opening and closing the aperture blades.

There is nothing wrong with the setup.. It's just how the camera communicates with the lens on the environmental light changes, and how the lens reacts by opening and closing the aperture blades.

Am i right to say that it is normal to have the rattlesnake noise? Some times it can be quite loud.

I had this issue with the EP3+Panny 24/f1.4. Works perfectly now with the EP5; no more the infamous rattle.

Do check if your lens firmware is up to date.

Am i right to say that it is normal to have the rattlesnake noise? Some times it can be quite loud.

Not too sure if it's normal on the EP5 cos I don't have one, but it happened on my EP3. It's really nothing to worry about..

Thanks for all the replies! Last night it was really loud. Now after I re attach the lens again, it is softer.

Does the lens firmware matters if I pair it with oly body? Can use oly body to do the lens firmware upgrade?

Firmware will not solve this issue. My 25mm make louder noise when the camera is pointed to a bright light source, eg sun, etc... I guess you will have to bear with the noise...

Thanks for all the replies! Last night it was really loud. Now after I re attach the lens again, it is softer. Does the lens firmware matters if I pair it with oly body? Can use oly body to do the lens firmware upgrade?

Sorry , one hand holding baby now. Yes, ok to use Oly body to update Pana lens firmware. Update body firmware first as EP5 had one recently.

Thanks guys. Since this is a common problem then I guess there is nothing to worry about. Will just live with it.