Eos 300v

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus70

Nov 13, 2002
Visit site
Like to buy this camera. Any idea on the price? Where is the best deal? Thanks in advance. Upgrading from EO 500n. Alan Photo or Cathat better price. Any users? :):gbounce: :gbounce:

If you're seriously thinking of upgrading your camera body, you may want to consider EOS 30 and above; from the way I see it, the additional features that you may get from a 300v are not significant.

Thanks for the reply. Does the price at $565 includes lens 28mm-90mm or just the body itself. As for upgrading to EOS 30, it is a little bit way out of my budget.

Why do you want to upgrade to EOS300v?

What can it do that your EOS500n can't that is worth putting $565++ for that feature/features?

IMHO, get a better lens (with $565) will be a better investment.

Unless you are upgrading to EOS30...

Originally posted by Snowcrash
Why do you want to upgrade to EOS300v?

What can it do that your EOS500n can't that is worth putting $565++ for that feature/features?

IMHO, get a better lens (with $565) will be a better investment.

Unless you are upgrading to EOS30...

:thumbsup:

don't ungrade to 300v, upgrade to DSLR. :D

$565 includes a 28-90mm II lens. Note this is a new version of the 28-90mm. I agree that $565 should go into another lens instead of a newer body. As for EOS30, marcus might not need it either if he ain't getting any exotic lens (aka big and heavy that will break your plastic SLR body!) He can sell off the 28-90mm and get himself a better lens with a top up ... of course. 1 more thing ... don't rely on the 28-90mm to give better results than your 28-80mm that comes with your 500N.

In my opinion how a 300v stands out over a 500N
(1) Faster AF
(2) Backlit Light for LCD
(3) Focus point indication with red LED lights
(4) Comfortable grip
(5) Maximum frame rate advance of 2.5fps
(6) Battery Pack that aids vertical shooting
(7) AF speed is equal to that in the EOS 30
(8) Predictive focus "is on par" with that in the Canon EOS-1N
(9) Remote Control
(10) Metal Mount

Hope this helps ... :D

*P/S: If you can afford the EOS30, go for it. The reason I didn't get the EOS30 is because I'm waiting for a EOS30v that is if there is going to be one!

Originally posted by marcus70
Thanks for the reply. Does the price at $565 includes lens 28mm-90mm or just the body itself. As for upgrading to EOS 30, it is a little bit way out of my budget.

Hmm...actually a 2nd-hand eos30 costs only around $600...so it isnt really 'way out of your budget'.
My advice is, if u are going to be into photography for sometime, it would be better to get the eos30, which would be more durable, rather than the more plasticky eos300v, which is an entry-level slr.

Thanks for all the advise. Reason for buying EOS 300V is the backlighting of the display. I am abit of a gaget freak. As for photography wise I am not into the serious kind of level. Just looking for good image quality thats all.
I also own a Olympus mju II F2.8 pocket camera and a Canon A40. I still have my Canon 1000FN.

Sorry for causing u guys to debate over it. Thanks for the advise anyway. :gbounce: :rbounce:

If you are looking for good image quality then you should be getting a new lens instead of a new SLR body unless you want to shoot 2 different film at 1 go. Whatever it is just be happy with your purchase.

Good image quality? Dont get a new body then. For ultimate sharpness and colour contrast, use the money on prime lenses instead.
Something like a 50/1.4, 85/1.8 or a 100/2 would be within your budget.

Friend just bought a 300V for $750 from CP. Package includes a standard lens and a tele. :thumbsd:

Originally posted by Barrios
Friend just bought a 300V for $750 from CP. Package includes a standard lens and a tele. :thumbsd:

You mean he got the camera body, 28-90mm and 90-300mm lenses for $750? Sounds like a decent deal...unless you feel he can get a better deal elsewhere? ;)

Friend just bought a 300V for $750 from CP. Package includes a standard lens and a tele.

most prob :thumbsd: refers to the price or the quality of the lens

am i right? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.