Email from Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfgang said:
Hahaha.. you know what they say.. the road to hell is paved with good intentions. ;)
And I must be on the road to Heaven then? :bsmilie:

Anyway, keep ur Anti-Virus updated, check ur logs regularly and stay secure! :bounce:

Never click a redirect link on such e-mail. 9 out of 10 are hoax and fake. If Paypal or eBay ask you to do some thing like confirmation or re-enter particulars, they will also ask you to do it by logging on their site but never through a redirect link on the e-mail. They also will have mail system within your account, just log to the site. If you don't see any mail in the site mail system regarding this then the e-mail you recevied is a fake. Also you say hotmail. eBay will never sent thing to public free e-mail provider account.

Actually, not to scare you or anything, but the good ones, when you clicked on the link and got to a site that appears to do nothing, there may already be Bad Things (tm) done in your computer....
So use some some anti-virus or spybot or something to do a quick scan just to be abit kiasu....

Wolfgang said:
Anyhow, i took a risk and clicked on the button and it redirected me to some weird site that has nothing to do with ebay... i reckon it's a scam.... ;( :angry:

nuts said:
Actually, not to scare you or anything, but the good ones, when you clicked on the link and got to a site that appears to do nothing, there may already be Bad Things (tm) done in your computer....
So use some some anti-virus or spybot or something to do a quick scan just to be abit kiasu....

Doing so as we speak. :)

Wolfgang said:
Dear All,

Earlier this week, I received 2 emails with the following text and i was wondering if this was for real? :dunno:

Dear XXXXXX@hotmail.com,

We are contacting you to remind you that on 18 JUN 2006 we identified some unusual activity in your account coming from a foreign IP address :capitol.guatemala-203-pc.in ( IP address located in India ) . We have been notified that a card associated with your account has been reported as lost or stolen and involved in fraudulent transactions, or that there were additional problems with your card.

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by completing the following form or else your account will be marked as fraudulent , and will remain open for investigation. You will pay for the fees wich will result from the financial transactions between eBay and FIT ( Fraud Investigations Team ) .

eBay's Privacy Policy and Law Enforcement Disclosure: We care deeply about the privacy of the eBay community and will protect the privacy of our members even while working closely with law enforcement to prevent criminal activity. If you are unsure about our privacy practices, please visit eBay's Privacy Central for more information.

To confirm your email address on file at eBay, just click the button below:

I was actually wondering if i should click the button.....

Any help would be appreciated. :)
I also received the same 2 emails, exactly the same contents.
I just ignored them.

Hi I received something similar:

Dear eBay Member,

We regret to inform you that your eBay account will be suspended due
to concerns we have for the safety and integrity of the eBay community.

"Abusing eBay" of the eBay User Agreement states, in part:

"...we may limit, suspend, or terminate our service and user accounts,
prohibit access to our website, remove hosted content, and take
technical and legal steps to keep users off the Site if we think that they are
creating problems, possible legal liabilities, or acting inconsistently
with the letter or spirit of our policies."

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are
prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new
account.

To avoide this suspension please login into you account and follow the instructions:

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignInco_partnerId=2pUserId=siteid=0page

Please note that any seller fees due to eBay will immediately become
due and payable. eBay will charge any amounts you have not previously
disputed to the billing method currently on file.

Thanks for your patience as we work together to protect your service.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
eBay, Inc

And stupidly, I went to the link and filled up all my details asking for credit card details and stopped when they also asked for a PIN number.

I immediately thought that something was fishy and wrote to ebay itself and they told me that they never sent me any such email and NOT TO GIVE ANY DETAILS out.

Luckily I did not do anything - it was a close call!

If in doubt, write to ebay and ask them yourself.

yowch said:
Confirm phishing:

I have an e-bay account on my private e-mail address. But I am also receiveing mail similar to your on my 'public' e-mail addresses like yahoo.com and hotmial.com. Quite ridiculous.

Just delete the mail. No point notifying anyone else in hotmail as that will create more unnecessary mail.

Mine is even a joke... I never have ebay account then my webmail recieve such email :faint:

I wonder you need to re-issue your credit card with a new number? As you have given some/all detail to them already :sweat:

Grub said:

Dear eBay Member,

account.

To avoide this suspension please login into you account and follow the instructions:

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignInco_partnerId=2pUserId=siteid=0page

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
eBay, Inc

And stupidly, I went to the link and filled up all my details asking for credit card details and stopped when they also asked for a PIN number.

I immediately thought that something was fishy and wrote to ebay itself and they told me that they never sent me any such email and NOT TO GIVE ANY DETAILS out.

And normally can notice spelling mistake in such mail...

Grub said:

Dear eBay Member,

account.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
eBay, Inc

Sayonara, prepare to see ur credit card go bust as it makes its way into the hacker community.

Inform ur credit card company about this incident, get them to re-issue u a new card and cancel ur card immediately. Monitor ur bill closely from now onwards.

jsbn said:
Sayonara, prepare to see ur credit card go bust as it makes its way into the hacker community.

Inform ur credit card company about this incident, get them to re-issue u a new card and cancel ur card immediately. Monitor ur bill closely from now onwards.
I think can get the company to issue a new card number..

Status
Not open for further replies.