Eight Hong Kong tourists killed in Philippine bus hijacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, singaporean may kpo tak photo using hp etc...but i dun think or i havn't seen any photos of singaporean posing/smiling happily in front of the crime scene. Taking photos of crime scene and Posing in front of camera is two different issue :D
Note text in bold. I didn't think they -- those students, police etc -- would do that either.

IOW, you'll never know. Until you see such a pic elsewhere. Right?

:Later,

Maybe you should read and re-read, in the hope that you'll finally figure out what I was responding to. :)

I -- as a Filipino -- have given you my POV. I know a lot of my fellow countrymen didn't like those photos as well. So to be clear, do I think you're making a sweeping statement? Absolutely.

Well if u have a point to make, do make it clearly and state what exactly you're not happy with so that everybody can understand. Many do not like what they see in the photos, including filipinos. So it is also good that people make a stand to denounce the insensitive group photos as illustrated. That's my POV.

not true la....singaporeans also like to kpo like when got car accident and people die. got people jump down from building all will stand there and watch. some for sure will take photo. so cannot just blame the filipinos. maybe at that time when they took the pics they were not thinking, just that somethiing dramatic had happened and should take picture to show they were at the scene.

cannot make sweeping remark that singaporeans wont pose in front of murder scene. its probably cos they not allowed near the scene, or didnt know it was murder. if they were allowed, sure will take one.

Regardless of nationality, anyone may be tempted to do that in the fit of the moment not realizing the implications. I will also denounce and be ashamed if singaporeans do likewise.

Well if u have a point to make, do make it clearly and state what exactly you're not happy with so that everybody can understand.
And I thought it was already clear when I said:

As a Filipino, we too were annoyed to see such irresponsible, insensitive and tasteless photos.

Well good for you then. With so many tasteless photos and vids circulating around there should be more people like you voicing out condemnations.
Rest assured, there are a lot of us who do so (if you have filipino friends in FB then chances are you should've seen at least 1 voicing their anger/disappointment/etc). :)

Pinoy, I beg your pardon for the harsh comments; still love the friendly Filipino working here and your compatriots at home

damn, why are Philippine turning the crime scene into a tourism spot? why didn't they barricade the scene? and the polices also taking photo themselves.

what an insult to injury. i don't think i'm going to Philippine anytime soon, not because i am scare but because i dont respect them no more. even the president himself also smile......did he know a lot of countries( not only Asia) are criticizing them now?

Last edited:
damn, why are Philippine turning the crime scene into a tourism spot? why didn't they barricade the scene? and the polices also taking photo themselves.
If you look at the pictures, it is barricaded/fenced. But obviously, the police has access to the crime scene.

Why the bus still there, I'm not really sure but my guess is due to ongoing investigation. Definitely not to turn it into a "tourism spot".
what an insult to injury. i don't think i'm going to Philippine anytime soon, not because i am scare but because i dont respect them no more. even the president himself also smile......did he know a lot of countries( not only Asia) are criticizing them now?
It's your call whether you'd let an -- if I may say -- isolated case like this affect your travel plan, nor your "respect" towards the Filipino people. IMHO, this is nothing but a kneejerk reaction to the crisis but I do realize we can't blame anyone to feel that way.

Anyway, an update for those who are still following: Aquino says sorry for the ‘smile’

I believe we shouldn't generalise and not let us judge a country and its people by the actions of a few.........

If that would be the case, there would be no country in this planet that you would want to travel to, including Singapore..........there is always something not right everywhere, no matter which country, let us look at the actions itself, and not at the race, the country.......

It is those few police(wo)men, students and perhaps some other people that have shown those actions that should be judged, not others who don't do it, because that would not be fair to them as they have not done anything wrong.....

HS

If you look at the pictures, it is barricaded/fenced. But obviously, the police has access to the crime scene.

Why the bus still there, I'm not really sure but my guess is due to ongoing investigation. Definitely not to turn it into a "tourism spot".
It's your call whether you'd let an -- if I may say -- isolated case like this affect your travel plan, nor your "respect" towards the Filipino people. IMHO, this is nothing but a kneejerk reaction to the crisis but I do realize we can't blame anyone to feel that way.

Anyway, an update for those who are still following: Aquino says sorry for the ‘smile’

As a HKer, I have waited two days before making any comments regarding this tragedy because after watching the Philippines police handle the whole situation, I know I would say something I would regret afterward.

First of all, I would like to say it is not the smile that annoy me the most. He can try to explain his smile but not his body language. During the very first press conference afterward, he gave me the impression of being insensitive and lack of compassion/empathy. Like I said, it is not what he said but how his body convey this message to millions of HKers who were glued to the TV during dinner time two nights ago. I was very surprise that this came from a person whose father was assassinated in cold blood very much similar to what had happened recently.

Lastly, I won't blame HK people for not including Philippines in one of their vacation destinations in the next few years. I know I wouldn't be going there myself.

Ok, Intend to close this thread....coz a member here is getting more and more sensitive.
Its Up to individual to judge what's right or wrong. Found this MTV in youtube, the lyrics quite meaningful.....

[vid]U3wJrUWy6Hc[/vid]

20100824_5a0f0d5e429ffa675e39rfKfPwXglXVK.jpg

20100824_0b2d561d2d53b8ece9cclUUx2eJaQZvo.jpg

20100824_a7fd86e3b01f8b8ba093WymC2R3STKbN.jpg

Honestly...I Dun like the smile on this pic.
20100824_e4926ea53a160d647bf4X4y5sIKt3lou.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.