Eight Hong Kong tourists killed in Philippine bus hijacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
poorly trained + lack of leadership + low wages = incompetence

sounds like SAF of my time, hope its better now, but i doubt.

though i'd say we were trained rather well n than let go becos ROD liao.

Last edited:
Really sad and frustrating to see the security forces taking such inappropriate actions, causing so much loss of life. :thumbsd:

thanks for the link,i watched liao. they are so many opening !!! but the police never take the shot???!?!?

and you watch further on, the polices were laughing !?!??!?!?!!?

Last edited:
It seems there was a decision made to just give in what he wanted, but the message came too late????

And this is what a Tourism secretary had to say:

Tourism Secretary Alberto Lim said the hostage crisis would likely damage the country's tourism industry. "We will have cancellations," he told The AP early Tuesday in a Manila hospital, where some of the former hostages were confined. "I'm hoping it will be forgotten soon enough." :eek::eek:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100824/ap_on_re_as/as_philippines_bus_hostages

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/a.../index.html?hpt=T1#fbid=S1eR5SQWEqO&wom=false

t1larg.paper.afp.gi.jpg

thanks for the link,i watched liao. they are so many opening !!! but the police never take the shot???!?!?

and you watch further on, the polices were laughing !?!??!?!?!!?

OMG..!! i'll re-watch to listen to the part that they laughh!!:angry:

seems like its regular police who did the storming while the SWAT team
as standing by ...?

Another thing is the gunman was accused of extorting the Police chief ...?

The story is beginning to sound very incredible..

Just like the movie "The Negotiator" , they make up an accusation against
a good cop to cover their own corruption.

If they had a clear shot they should have taken it! Were they getting soft and overly hopeful of a peaceful resolution? What was the idiotic hostage taker thinking, that he could get reinstated by holding up a bus? :thumbsd:

From what I read, the hostage taker was a good cop with good service record, who is going to retire soon. But they accuse him of corruption and sack him.

He not only lost his reputation but his pension, which is like your CPF money. The accusers also didn't have evidences to prove that he is a corrupted cop.

I believe everyone here would end up doing the same thing if you are in his position. He is a very desperate guy, who just want his money and dignity back.

Reports says that it took the commandos nearly 1 hour to break those windows... :bigeyes::dunno:

before they eventually storm up the bus.

Breaking down glass windows is not as easy as it seen in the movies. The glass windows in the movies are specially made to shatter easily. Stunt men can break down the glass windows easily without cutting themselves.

Glass windows in real life are tougher unless there are some manufacturing defects.
I believe some of you guys have heard of reporters in Vietnam war, who are save by their glass lenses. When bullet hit the glass, the direction will change if it manage to penetrate the glass.

If the commandos shoot the windows, more hostage will die by stray bullets.

They should learn from the Chinese. Recently, a chinese police woman pretend to be a passer by and want to pass a bottle of water to the hostage taker in China. Then she draw out her hidden handgun as the hostage taker is taking a drink and shot him several times at close range before he could react.

From what I read, the hostage taker was a good cop with good service record, who is going to retire soon. But they accuse him of corruption and sack him.

He not only lost his reputation but his pension, which is like your CPF money. The accusers also didn't have evidences to prove that he is a corrupted cop.

I believe everyone here would end up doing the same thing if you are in his position. He is a very desperate guy, who just want his money and dignity back.

If he was a good cop then all those years had gone down the drain the moment he held the bus hostage. It's like trying to put out a fire with the pouring of kerosine. Unfortunately his actions which resulted in killing 8 people will not bring back his money nor dignity. It only compounded to his even more suffering to the victims' families and also his own family having to deal with it after he's gone.

Last edited:
maybe phil police can loan her from PRC, get her to train their people.:dunno:

looking at the tv news, the police had so many chance to take down the gunman. they had clear line of sight in bright day light & the gunman's hands were not even on the M16!!!

Precisely. I guess, they are trying to wait till the gunman surrender. Wonder what would the reactions of the police be if it were a busload of Americans tourists.

The assault on the coach make them looked like boy scouts.

Actually these two negoiators could have taken him down earlier as his AR16 was by
his side and their close promity to him could gave them the chance to do so.Sad to say
they did not take the opportunity.

i must say that the philippines SWAT is really crap, Where is the SNIPER??. They should have taken him down when they got so many chances. 8 lives gone just because of their incompetence.

A heavy burden has dawned on the philippines police force, now not only they have to deal with their internal issues (eg. corruption), they also have to answer to the world about their incompetence. The name has been damaged. Tourism and businesses will be affected. Heads will roll, something has to be done.

Phillipines police really:thumbsd: look at the sas iranian embassy siege and gign air france hijacking. The brits stormed an embassy while the french stormed a plane. So how hard is it to storm a bus and take out one single hostage taker?

Anyone remembers SQ117 back in 1991? We killed 4 hijackers in 30 sec with NONE of the passengers and crew dead. And that was a freaking plane. The Philippines SWAT Team couldn't even get on a bus?!?:thumbsd:

Philippines SWAT TEAM = Sorry We Aint Trained TEAM

Cannot imagine if there were to be a Plane hijack situation with multiple terrorists and explosives

Status
Not open for further replies.