E520 Review...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi zuquan,
If you have the luxury of time, go and buy in Kuala Lumpur and do some other shopping. It costs S$840 with kit lens 14-42mm. I don't know the price of the 70-300mm in Kuala Lumpur but i guess it's not S$590. Singapore's pricings are way off. By the way, video-cams like canon HV30, HF10 etc are about S$300 - S$400 cheaper and it's PAL version.
The 2GB xd card is not useful unless you want to take panaromic shots "in-cam". CF cards are cheap and aplenty.
Cheerio!

Well ehhh i am a Malaysian working here and from KL as well ;p,

Just that i am too lazy to go home >_>. else i think can save around $200

No need to rush... coming liao.. :)

98956464.jpg

Has anybody receive confirmation? I have not, only email informing me that registration is now closed and successful applicant will be notified shortly.
I have replied to that email asking when will the notification be and it is not being answered at all. Bad behaviour!
I read that as we will delay as much as possible and probably only notify on Friday.
:angry:
As if we could not have any other plan and we need to plan also in case we could not find a place.

Has anybody receive confirmation? I have not, only email informing me that registration is now closed and successful applicant will be notified shortly.
I have replied to that email asking when will the notification be and it is not being answered at all. Bad behaviour!
I read that as we will delay as much as possible and probably only notify on Friday.
As if we could not have any other plan and we need to plan also in case we could not find a place.

I tell u what, just drop by OSC, told them that u register before you received confirmation, they wouldnt dare to chase u away...

hi guys..

can i know if the E520 selling at AMCJ comes with anything else besides a 2G xD card?

thanks

take it as it is not successful lor, it didn't said will notify unsuccessful one mah.

I received my confirmation email before this closure email....
Must wear the blue E-club polo T there

Hi zuquan,
If you have the luxury of time, go and buy in Kuala Lumpur and do some other shopping. It costs S$840 with kit lens 14-42mm. I don't know the price of the 70-300mm in Kuala Lumpur but i guess it's not S$590. Singapore's pricings are way off. By the way, video-cams like canon HV30, HF10 etc are about S$300 - S$400 cheaper and it's PAL version.
The 2GB xd card is not useful unless you want to take panaromic shots "in-cam". CF cards are cheap and aplenty.
Cheerio!

Any idea of the price of the ZD 25/2.8 in KL ? And where ?

Mucha gracias :)

MODERATOR NOTE : Just a reminder to everyone not to start galleries and post images loosely unless it is to really illustrate a point ok? Starting galleries with equipment discussion pages and posting images in the wrong section is a violation of the forum regulations, not to mention clutter for moderators to clean up later. There are dedicated galleries to post them and you are free to post link to those sections instead.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. Just want to gently remind everyone before things get out of hand.

Oppsss.... Very very sorry did not do intentionaly... i was just thinking to share pix from the e-520. sorry again.... will not happen again...

Oppsss.... Very very sorry did not do intentionaly... i was just thinking to share pix from the e-520. sorry again.... will not happen again...

No worries, I just don't want things to get out hand. Might be a little troublesome but make use of CS gallery and make links. Sorry to have to enforce this in here. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Just came back from KL. The 3 shops at Sungei Wang shopping centre are sellng, on average, for about RM2000 (about S$850) with 14-42 kit lense. Everything included except CF cards. It seem a lot cheaper than here which goes for about $1150 incl GST. 1 year International warranty is included too. I assume Oly S'pore will honor it. Still waiting to get one without any kit lense as I don't need it. If it is still selling with kit lense by the time I go there again next month, I will get it and hope it will be cheaper then. Will use the E520 with my pancake lense and earlier 40-150mm 3.5-4.5 lense. My E3 will be for the 12-60SWD and 50-200SWD.

Just came back from KL. The 3 shops at Sungei Wang shopping centre are sellng, on average, for about RM2000 (about S$850) with 14-42 kit lense. Everything included except CF cards. It seem a lot cheaper than here which goes for about $1150 incl GST. 1 year International warranty is included too. I assume Oly S'pore will honor it. Still waiting to get one without any kit lense as I don't need it. If it is still selling with kit lense by the time I go there again next month, I will get it and hope it will be cheaper then. Will use the E520 with my pancake lense and earlier 40-150mm 3.5-4.5 lense. My E3 will be for the 60-120 SWD and 50-200SWD.

Thanks for updating on the street price up north...

Just came back from KL. The 3 shops at Sungei Wang shopping centre are sellng, on average, for about RM2000 (about S$850) with 14-42 kit lense. Everything included except CF cards. It seem a lot cheaper than here which goes for about $1150 incl GST. 1 year International warranty is included too. I assume Oly S'pore will honor it. Still waiting to get one without any kit lense as I don't need it. If it is still selling with kit lense by the time I go there again next month, I will get it and hope it will be cheaper then. Will use the E520 with my pancake lense and earlier 40-150mm 3.5-4.5 lense. My E3 will be for the 60-120 SWD and 50-200SWD.
Wonder whether anyone has tried Oly Singapore for honouring products under warranty bought fr up North .... :dunno:

Wonder whether anyone has tried Oly Singapore for honouring products under warranty bought fr up North .... :dunno:

Yes, they do. It is international warranty.

I wonder since price in Malaysia is so cheap and carries international warranty, are there bro in sg/my can help us to do a mass order to bring in the camera? Will it needs to be taxed as well?

I wonder since price in Malaysia is so cheap and carries international warranty, are there bro in sg/my can help us to do a mass order to bring in the camera? Will it needs to be taxed as well?

well... you can check with the mod, mr microcosm from his signature link to see whether they will bring in E520

http://www.zhuihuay.com/Welcome.html

Just called them to check the E520 body alone will cost RM1700 (about S$725). They say it will be available later after the kit lense pakage is over. They based conversion on 2.35. I think their rate is probably wrong as my friend says it shoud be X 0.41 to convert Rm to Sin. Then it should be S$697. FL-50R going for Rm1380 and 12-60mm SWD for Rm3150.

E520 with kit = Rm2050 without any card. There's another shop selling it for Rm1970 but it's not a proper shop unit. Something like the one on the 5th floor of Funan.

The shop name is Boeing in Sungei Wang Plaza Tel.001-60-3-21429844.
If buy in bulk I assume we can negoitiate further discount.

I am interested to get E520 with 14-42 kit lense but won't want to wait too long. BTW: if confirm order with boeing? how can we bring it to sg? how can we make safe payment? If there are already bro who has done this "parallel" import before, please kindly advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.