E300 Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
1140_top1.jpg
1140_top2.jpg

I thought that this camera should price from $2200 - $3000.

Where it made of aluminium alloy, 8 Megapixels, high performance lens, 4/3 system, improve corner shadowing, super-sonic anti-dust feature.

I want to know more

Frankly, I think the pricing strategy by Oly this time is less than ideal. Oly is not known for cheap DSLR. When a product of such cheap price comes out, the product image is sacrificed, no matter what you say. The questions people asked is : how come the price is so cheap, something must be wrong.. Psychologists have conducted experiments of adverse reaction to cheap prices even when product is superior. ..My guess is that the E-300 will not move as fast as say Nikon D70. Oly should have set the price at the same level as that of D70 when it was first launched. After all, it has so much more than D70 has to offer.

alwayschampion said:
I thought that this camera should price from $2200 - $3000.

Where it made of aluminium alloy, 8 Megapixels, high performance lens, 4/3 system, improve corner shadowing, super-sonic anti-dust feature.

ya the one that cost $3000 is call the E1. :bsmilie:

not sure about the mentality thingy, but if u come from film, a SLR that cost above $1000 is expensive. the E300 cost about $1700, so its supposedly already in the same league as the nikon F100 in terms of quality. however i wudn't say the same for D70 with a similar pricing. ;p

Evilmerlin said:
Just received an email regarding the OM lens adaptor. Its not free, its S$109 and you need to order it from Olympus Studio.
It is free to E-1 users only in the US. At S$109, it is cheap considering that the third party ones cost at least US$175. I think it is worth getting if you can get hold of OM lenses cheap and don't mind using them manually.

Anybody has any links to sample pictures? The ISO performance should be pretty interesting.

xmen2003 said:
So when is the camera coming?
According to Alan Photo, surely can collect by 15 Dec 04... less than 2 weeks away and just after year-end bonus ;)

nightpiper said:
not sure about the mentality thingy, but if u come from film, a SLR that cost above $1000 is expensive. the E300 cost about $1700, so its supposedly already in the same league as the nikon F100 in terms of quality. however i wudn't say the same for D70 with a similar pricing. ;p

Nightpiper, you still haven't buy huh. Waiting for E-2?

tomcat said:
According to Alan Photo, surely can collect by 15 Dec 04... less than 2 weeks away and just after year-end bonus ;)

So we will be expecting to see new fish pics from you again soon. :D

xmen2003 said:
So we will be expecting to see new fish pics from you again soon. :D
Oh definitely lah. ;)
Can't wait to try out its macro capability on the fishes compared to the 20D.

I have personally feel and test on the E-300, the outlook is just like a normal digi-cam but the images when I printed out to A1 size is great.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:I manage to place an order with my regular supplier beside AP with the 2x1GB CF cards.

:)

1Ds said:
I have personally feel and test on the E-300, the outlook is just like a normal digi-cam but the images when I printed out to A1 size is great.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:I manage to place an order with my regular supplier beside AP with the 2x1GB CF cards.

Can you comment on the viewfinder? Is it bright enough?

xmen2003 said:
Can you comment on the viewfinder? Is it bright enough?

No, I feel that E-1 is a bit brighter.

xmen2003 said:
Never tried a E-1 before. What abt against 10D or D70? (if you have tried them b4) :)

Yes,better than both esp D70.

serene said:
Frankly, I think the pricing strategy by Oly this time is less than ideal. Oly is not known for cheap DSLR. When a product of such cheap price comes out, the product image is sacrificed, no matter what you say. The questions people asked is : how come the price is so cheap, something must be wrong.. Psychologists have conducted experiments of adverse reaction to cheap prices even when product is superior. ..My guess is that the E-300 will not move as fast as say Nikon D70. Oly should have set the price at the same level as that of D70 when it was first launched. After all, it has so much more than D70 has to offer.

Just take the camera and run. Too cheap also must comment meh? Anyhow, cheap camera, yes but wait till you buy the lenses....... then see if you still think the E300 system is cheap. Oly is not stupid you know. :eek:

serene said:
Frankly, I think the pricing strategy by Oly this time is less than ideal. Oly is not known for cheap DSLR. When a product of such cheap price comes out, the product image is sacrificed, no matter what you say. The questions people asked is .....Oly should have set the price at the same level as that of D70 when it was first launched. After all, it has so much more than D70 has to offer.

Olympus does have quite a task against Nikon and Canon, especially when it joins rather late in the game. If E300 came out last year before or around the same time as 300D, it would have sold a lot more (I would likely have gotten it vs the 300D) at a higher price compared to now.

Before the E300 was even launched in Singapore, Nikon and Canon, coincidentally or not, cut the prices for the D70 and 300D respectively and Olympus have to respond accordingly or sidelined.

The E1's price has also been cut quite a bit since the launch and is only slightly above the D100 and 20D now despite its pro features.

Status
Not open for further replies.