E300 Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
fengwei said:
Saw these pics at another forum. All taken by the newly released E300 with either the kit lens or a 50-200mm lens:
I'm sure you've made a great choice here.

Cheers!
OK. Found the source of these photos. They were taken at the Guangzhou Auto Show and there are more photos of more pretty models taken with the E-300 and 14-45mm kit lens and 50-200mm zoom, mostly at ISO 400 and some at ISO 200, and posted in the thread here:
http://www.xitek.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=256921

Overall impression of the user was: "Very satisfied! Battery life is very good, took at least 300 shots in one afternoon, the battery indicator was still full at the end. No PP correction was needed, an E-1 heritage. Color is very natural and accurate."

Looking good ! :thumbsup:
Can't wait for mine to come so that I can play with it ;p

from those pics samples, the E300 looks very promising. :thumbsup:

its that time of the year again!! BUY! BUY! BUY!

The SITEX offer make the price even more attractive. The E300 will come with 2 nos. of 1G 80X Lexar CF cards and a Olympus Pro-Bag.

Hi, I am going to pre order a E-300,need to check whelther it come with 1 or 2
1G CF Cards,cause I was told only come with 1 only.

1Ds said:
The SITEX offer make the price even more attractive. The E300 will come with 2 nos. of 1G 80X Lexar CF cards and a Olympus Pro-Bag.

I think as long as they still did not fill their quota of first 100 pre-orders, you might still have a chance to get the same offer. Better hurry down to Alan Photo quick, quick. ;)

1Ds said:

i thot u just bot a canon 1DsM2? no? 1GB is quite cheap these days, so go get a few. :)

tomcat said:
I think as long as they still did not fill their quota of first 100 pre-orders, you might still have a chance to get the same offer. Better hurry down to Alan Photo quick, quick. ;)

Beside AP any other reseller offer the pre-orders?

1Ds said:
Beside AP any other reseller offer the pre-orders?
In Olympus' E-300 advertisement in the papers, you can pre-order at any of the authorised retailers but the free gifts for pre-order is 1 1-GB CF card and the Pro Bag.

Only Alan Photo who was manning the Olympus booth at SITEX was supposed to give 2 1-GB CF cards, Pro Bag and 3 x 8R prints (which is actually a voucher for 3 8R calender print using photos of your choice and issued by Alan Photo themselves) for the first 100 pre-orders received at SITEX.

But I think that the E-300 is not that popular at SITEX despite the extra free gifts. They probably couldn't garner the 100 pre-orders and if so, you might probably still be able to ask for the 2 CF cards if you pre-book at Alan Photo. At any other resellers, you would probably only get the 1 CF card pre-order offer.

any kit lens included with the package?

sato said:
any kit lens included with the package?
The E-300 comes with a Zuiko 14-45mm kit lens which would cost $400+ if bought separately.

Was also told that Olympus will be organising 2 courses for the E-300. One for the use of the E-300 and one outdoor photography course.

Evilmerlin said:
Was also told that Olympus will be organising 2 courses for the E-300. One for the use of the E-300 and one outdoor photography course.
Free or must pay?

What I've heard that its free for people who pre-order the E-300 but I'm a little hazy on that point. Need to confirm.

tomcat said:
In Olympus' E-300 advertisement in the papers, you can pre-order at any of the authorised retailers but the free gifts for pre-order is 1 1-GB CF card and the Pro Bag.

Only Alan Photo who was manning the Olympus booth at SITEX was supposed to give 2 1-GB CF cards, Pro Bag and 3 x 8R prints (which is actually a voucher for 3 8R calender print using photos of your choice and issued by Alan Photo themselves) for the first 100 pre-orders received at SITEX.

But I think that the E-300 is not that popular at SITEX despite the extra free gifts. They probably couldn't garner the 100 pre-orders and if so, you might probably still be able to ask for the 2 CF cards if you pre-book at Alan Photo. At any other resellers, you would probably only get the 1 CF card pre-order offer.

Thanks for the infro.

:thumbsup:

nightpiper said:
i thot u just bot a canon 1DsM2? no? 1GB is quite cheap these days, so go get a few. :)

Yes, have got the canon system,but seem like the E300 is good for me when i travel.

1Ds said:
Yes, have got the canon system,but seem like the E300 is good for me when i travel.

u really rich man... got chance to show me the 1DsM2 or not? haven't touch any of this exp gears before at all. :)

tomcat said:
The E-300 comes with a Zuiko 14-45mm kit lens which would cost $400+ if bought separately.

Frankly, I suspect sales of the 14-54 to go up a lot after people receive their E-300 ;-)

The preliminary unofficial field samples of the E-300 with the 14-45, available everywhere on the net, shows performance to be expected of a budget DSLR kit lens these days. :D

Just received an email regarding the OM lens adaptor. Its not free, its S$109 and you need to order it from Olympus Studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.