E-6 Process

Ordered already, but there is no stock for potassium bromide

Potassium Persulfate 1.8 (how much?) $8
borax l lb $3
chrome alum 1lb $20
feric oxalate powder 135 gram $20
Potassium Bromide 1 lb
potassium citrate 1lb $6
thioura 1 lb containers 1 $7 (half each?)

Total damage 105USD

Ordered already, but there is no stock for potassium bromide

Potassium Persulfate 1.8 (how much?) $8
borax l lb $3
chrome alum 1lb $20
feric oxalate powder 135 gram $20
Potassium Bromide 1 lb
potassium citrate 1lb $6
thioura 1 lb containers 1 $7 (half each?)

Total damage 105USD

nice.. just let me know how much i need to return you:) Thiourea will greatly help in my BW slides processing..:D

50/50, you take 1/2 lb of thioura? The guy is only sending 1 lb of it. For now, we just pray that it clear the custom without problem. The guy as requested, sent the item as gift.

50/50, you take 1/2 lb of thioura? The guy is only sending 1 lb of it. For now, we just pray that it clear the custom without problem. The guy as requested, sent the item as gift.

Yup, sure thing.. i'll take half lb.. can develop nearly 400 rolls with that amount.. hahaha

Actually, I have been wondering if any mod here shoot LF (4*5 or larger sheet) films? I am thinking if it is possible that we have a space for that instead of hiding in the medium format and traditional darkroom etc. Maybe we can organise some MO for the films :D. Waiting for OP order for some of my film takes really very long. I will also prefer some more trusty people who can help me handcarry some back from HK rather than Ebay most of the time :(.

Sorry uncle roger, but I still don't feel enough happy with my current format and chemicals:cry: I am thinking if mr 'sunflower' can spare some sheets of velvia 50 at a price.

Kgston,
Regarding the 1/2 lb of thioura, I am wondering if SGD15 is a ok price? Reason is though chemical is cheap, shipment is the problem...

Last edited:
yea $15 is fine.. let me know once it has arrived...:)

BTW, regarding developing tank, I cannot take it with the DIY method already. Wonder if you want to sell your jobo? I get it from you since you have been keeping it as a white elephant. But next month ba, wallet turning quite light already.

BTW, regarding developing tank, I cannot take it with the DIY method already. Wonder if you want to sell your jobo? I get it from you since you have been keeping it as a white elephant. But next month ba, wallet turning quite light already.

You are talking about the jobo that is with me? yea.. sure.. I can hold it for you.. no one else on BnS wants it.. haha.. but do me a favour and take the lot;) I'm sure you will have much better use for it than I do:)

You are talking about the jobo that is with me? yea.. sure.. I can hold it for you.. no one else on BnS wants it.. haha.. but do me a favour and take the lot;) I'm sure you will have much better use for it than I do:)

Yup, but I still need to confirm if it can develop my 4*5. I don't really mind if there isn't a central column as long as the container has 4*5 reel which can fit my film. If you see my current DIY method, I cannot take my hand out of the box till my films are developed. I need an assistant to help me with stuff like pressing the start on my timer as well.

wootsk said:
Yup, but I still need to confirm if it can develop my 4*5. I don't really mind if there isn't a central column as long as the container has 4*5 reel which can fit my film. If you see my current DIY method, I cannot take my hand out of the box till my films are developed. I need an assistant to help me with stuff like pressing the start on my timer as well.

Why won't you buy Jobo CPE-2 from eBay and 25XX tank? I do both color and B&W and pretty happy with setup. If you have more room, CPP-2 would be even better

it is able to take in 4x5 sheets and doesn't use a reel.. There are some holders you can slide in to hold the sheets in place and the sheets are lined around the perimeter of the drum.. I read on the web that people managed to use it to develop their 8x10 Ektachrome successfully.. but I can't guaranty it;)

Kgston,
Sound nice, I will ask you out for a meet and take a look at the item before deciding.

Hlop71,
Thanks for concern, I am interested in the 25XX tank, but not the CPE-2. I don't really like to get stuff off online payment with oversea delivery if possible. I am currently developing with 3 dip tank (lock it box) and some clip inside a big DIY dark box for my B&W and Slide 4*5 film. The problem is that I cannot take my hand out during developing in fear of light leak.

it is able to take in 4x5 sheets and doesn't use a reel.. There are some holders you can slide in to hold the sheets in place and the sheets are lined around the perimeter of the drum.. I read on the web that people managed to use it to develop their 8x10 Ektachrome successfully.. but I can't guaranty it;)

I believe you're talking about a tank for paper development. Theoretically, you can develop film sheets but those holders were made for thicker paper and film might get loose

Kgston,
Sound nice, I will ask you out for a meet and take a look at the item before deciding.

Hlop71,
Thanks for concern, I am interested in the 25XX tank, but not the CPE-2. I don't really like to get stuff off online payment with oversea delivery if possible. I am currently developing with 3 dip tank (lock it box) and some clip inside a big DIY dark box for my B&W and Slide 4*5 film. The problem is that I cannot take my hand out during developing in fear of light leak.

Trust me, it isn't my favorite style of shopping too :) But the processor, even without a lift makes life much easier. I can lend you my CPE-2 if you want to try

I believe you're talking about a tank for paper development. Theoretically, you can develop film sheets but those holders were made for thicker paper and film might get loose

I know, thats why I am bring some sheets of film to test out before deciding. No harm testing and see if it can work first or not.

Trust me, it isn't my favorite style of shopping too :) But the processor, even without a lift makes life much easier. I can lend you my CPE-2 if you want to try

The idea of a processor is tempting because I can develop 12 sheets with 250ml at constant result. But I have space constrain problem, upgrading my fridge to a bigger freezer to store more require a long discussion with my mum. :(

Regarding style of shopping, there isn't a choice when I want something like E6 developer or Borax. Perhaps, we can have a MO for mass ordering of Certain chemical from oversea, it shouldn't be a problem if we pay before hand to the organizer. I also feels more comfortable with MO knowing more people are on the same boat as me :p

Ya, btw I have a friend who joined the lomo group. He is asking me if I know anyone who shoot film and might want to come along. Hlop, uncle roger, "mr sunflower", and bla bla bla... Maybe we can have another LF outing and invite them along? How do you all say about it. Too much solo LF shooter isn't good for health.

Ya, btw I have a friend who joined the lomo group. He is asking me if I know anyone who shoot film and might want to come along. Hlop, uncle roger, "mr sunflower", and bla bla bla... Maybe we can have another LF outing and invite them along? How do you all say about it. Too much solo LF shooter isn't good for health.

Sorry for poor memory, if I am not wrong "mr sunflower" is call David :p I tend to remember people better by their photos

Actually not so worried if the film falls off.. more worried if the chemical can wash off the anti halation layer on the film base..