Dslr sling strap

Read that Optech sling strap will be withdrawn from market because of some patent problem

Is this true?

Read that Optech sling strap will be withdrawn from market because of some patent problem

Is this true?

Never heard anything like that... Optech has been in the market for many many years btw..

daredevil123 said:
Never heard anything like that... Optech has been in the market for many many years btw..

I know, thats why it's puzzling. I read it from a Amazon customer review. It's on this link. The review is somewhere at the bottom of page.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B003T0EYVE/ref=aw_d_cr_photo

Anyway, I'm inclined to buy Optech now. After walking around funan, trying all the sling samples, I still feel more secured with Optech.

Those metal nut screw at the camera bottom is like a time bomb. Don't know when it will break. I only like Custom Design C Loop, but price slightly too high for me. I also tried Carry Speed, BR, Spider hostler and some rip off BR copycat slings.

I'm a low risk taker maybe. Optech sure feel safer with the side strap.

Where can I get a good price for Optech? Cathay selling $42.

I know, thats why it's puzzling. I read it from a Amazon customer review. It's on this link. The review is somewhere at the bottom of page.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B003T0EYVE/ref=aw_d_cr_photo

Anyway, I'm inclined to buy Optech now. After walking around funan, trying all the sling samples, I still feel more secured with Optech.

Those metal nut screw at the camera bottom is like a time bomb. Don't know when it will break. I only like Custom Design C Loop, but price slightly too high for me. I also tried Carry Speed, BR, Spider hostler and some rip off BR copycat slings.

I'm a low risk taker maybe. Optech sure feel safer with the side strap.

Where can I get a good price for Optech? Cathay selling $42.

I have tried them all too. But I can honestly tell you that the Optech sling strap is the only one that caused my camera to disengage and fall to the ground. Luckily my camera was fine. If you decide on the Optech sling, you will have to DIY a failsafe (having velcro straps securing the plastic locks will help).

The tripod mount is actually the strongest part of the camera. Since it is screwed directly into the metal frame of the camera body. All you need to do is to make sure it is tightened properly.

daredevil123 said:
I have tried them all too. But I can honestly tell you that the Optech sling strap is the only one that caused my camera to disengage and fall to the ground. Luckily my camera was fine. If you decide on the Optech sling, you will have to DIY a failsafe (having velcro straps securing the plastic locks will help).

The tripod mount is actually the strongest part of the camera. Since it is screwed directly into the metal frame of the camera body. All you need to do is to make sure it is tightened properly.

Thanks. I have seen the Velcro straps on the buckle in the net. I will definitely do that.

Even if I get the metal screw sling, I will still have to do a failsafe method, connecting the side loop with a short nylon strap.

Either way, will have to do a failsafe.

where to buy Matin Neoprene Fast Access strap?

Carry Speed is a rather good alternative to Black Rapid and Sunsniper, much more comfortable neoprene strap and a good versatile base plate.

You can try joby ($60), sling strap that screws to the camera bottom.

If your camera not that heavy, should be ok.

It handles the weight of my 650D with 18-135mm.

Can consider Spider Holster if you want neck/shoulder free of any weight and it have no issues supporting pro camera w/ tele lens and external flash mounted.

There is no bulletproof solution out there, so fail-safe measures are definitely good to practise if you worry about dropping the camera.

this one seems comfortable :)

tumblr_m6jd14m12s1r42fgto1_500.jpg

this one seems comfortable :)

looks like the weight is well distributed. :)

On a serious note, I love my blackrapids and I dont find the narrower shoulder pads (compared to certain brands) uncomfortable so long I dont hang something heavy. usually I shoot with primes so no biggie with that.

Otherwise I've seen a friend's Carry Speed which is robustly built. Recommend trying that too!

I'm using the optech sling for a while. Brought to overseas, hiking and all that.

I must say it's a good sling. V comfy and I never felt the weight of my cam.

i am curious about the camdapter how heavy can it accommodate?

i am curious about the camdapter how heavy can it accommodate?

Currently, I have no issues using it with my 5d mk3 with 70200 f2.8. Not sure if this helps.

Currently, I have no issues using it with my 5d mk3 with 70200 f2.8. Not sure if this helps.

okay hmm im thinking about it, have you tried adding in a battery grip and a flash on it before? im planning to do that

okay hmm im thinking about it, have you tried adding in a battery grip and a flash on it before? im planning to do that

Not with a grip, but with a yn560 flash with softbox diffuser.

Tbh, I don't think it will be an issue even with the grip on. Once you see the connecting strap (like rifle sling), it will give you all the confidence you need :)

Not with a grip, but with a yn560 flash with softbox diffuser.

Tbh, I don't think it will be an issue even with the grip on. Once you see the connecting strap (like rifle sling), it will give you all the confidence you need :)

okay sounds cool! rifle sling! ill give it a go