Dry-Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cire07

Aug 28, 2006
Jurong West
Hi all...

Out of curiousity... is a dry-box/cabinet necessary??? :dunno:

I mean, i was given a dry-box when i bought the E-500... so i jus put the cam and lenses inside... there is sort of a "Valve" with "Open" and "Close" instructions... basically either twist left/right machiam screw-mechanism lah...

I heard it is to protect lenses and cameras against mould via prevention of moisture right?

If it's that important, i'm a bit apprehensive that the free dry-box that came with the cam is not adequate...

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Eric

A dry box is inadequate... at least for me. I have a smallish collection of 1 camera body and 4 lenses but I'll stuff my entire camera bag inside my 40 litre dry cabinet! I've seen mold grow on my clothing, leather shoes, and other bags in my room.

I see i see...

Just stuff the whole bag in can liao ah? :)

I thought should like take the stuff out of the bag...

Then maybe i should get a dry-cabinet, then stuff my whole dry-box with the cam body and lenses inside... double-protection!!! ;p

Ok, seriously... what's a good brand of dry-cabinet to buy? I only have an even smallish collection of a cam body and 2 lenses... heh... buy from the usual suspects of MS/CP/AP?

Thanks,
Eric :dunno:

I see i see...

Just stuff the whole bag in can liao ah? :)

I thought should like take the stuff out of the bag...

Then maybe i should get a dry-cabinet, then stuff my whole dry-box with the cam body and lenses inside... double-protection!!! ;p

Ok, seriously... what's a good brand of dry-cabinet to buy? I only have an even smallish collection of a cam body and 2 lenses... heh... buy from the usual suspects of MS/CP/AP?

Thanks,
Eric :dunno:

no need to stuff the whole bag lah. your dry box must be quite huge to be able to contain all the stuffs. inside put len, body, flash, video camera, etc can already...

You should really consider a dry box that is powered by electricity. Common ones are Digi-Cabi. I think the price had dropped recently. And also, DONT buy a dry box that fits all of ur current equipment. Always buy larger sized one. ;)

buy from the usual suspect yes! haha. get from John 13:6 at funan.. i remember last time, if you buy above 60L, delivery free to the house!

never put fibre based material together with your camera equipments especially your camera straps in the dry cabinet.

Er... how come? :think:

If I don't put in the bag as well, I'll surely get a bad case of mold growth on it.
Also, I don't fancy removing the camera neck strap everytime I put in my camera body into the dry cabinet, and putting it back on after taking it out for action. Kind of troublesome.

, DONT buy a dry box that fits all of ur current equipment. Always buy larger sized one. ;)

buy from the usual suspect yes! haha. get from John 13:6 at funan.. i remember last time, if you buy above 60L, delivery free to the house!

Yah, go for the free delivery... I nearly died upon reaching home after hand-carrying my 40L dry cabinet from Suntec City mall to Harbourfront where I live (by riding the usual MRT lines) because I was too cheap to pay for a taxi. It weighs 12kg! I got mine as part of the packaged 'deal' from CP during PC Show 2006.

So John 3:16 is a good place to buy dry cabinet?
Estimated prices i can expect? And what brands should i ask for?