driving on autopilot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've driven the North-South highway back to Penang before. let me tell you, the drive can be tiring when things get monotonous. falling into the state of semi consciousness is a sure thing. falling asleep is a different story all together.

normally, when you are in a state of semi consciousness and you don't do something about it, sleep will take over. and when this happens, everything around you is in danger and so are you.

how i beat falling into semi consciousness while driving a long and monotonous drive is to vary my speed. when i'm speeding, my mind tends to be more alert and my reaction to events are sharper. but of course, i speed with responsibility lah.

and when i'm fully charged up, i'll slow down and take in the greens around me.

wind30... i really feel that u should not buy 4D today... tough luck getting thru this... lol...

well, if you drive daily like wind30 and the rest, probably u might encounter this once or twice, seriously... dun tell me u drive 1000 times over the same route and never kena once... dun bluff yourself... if u drive only once in a while, then this is not for you to answer anyway...

garou12 and wildstallion... get over your probation period then we talk about these maturely... lol...

what makes you think i'd let myself get into that position? and why are you so sure he's got what he think it is? are you a doctor or a phd?

yes but this isn't an mri checking for a brain tumor isn;t it? A tumor is not going to endanger other lives unless you're behind the wheel when you collapse. You don't get it do you? This is something that could affect other people not just you.

likewise, nothing endangers another when nothing happen... thats why there is a need for preventive measures to prevent the occurence...

like regular checkups for elderly for their driving license, so on and so forth...

If you think you are not safe, then get off the road, but if you think you are, then by all means stay... who are we to judge anyway? same as dangerous drivers, can we get them off the road with their car number when they did not signal and cut in?

likewise, nothing endangers another when nothing happen... thats why there is a need for preventive measures to prevent the occurence...

like regular checkups for elderly for their driving license, so on and so forth...

If you think you are not safe, then get off the road, but if you think you are, then by all means stay... who are we to judge anyway? same as dangerous drivers, can we get them off the road with their car number when they did not signal and cut in?

so you're endorsing reckless drivers and think that YOU shouldn;t do something to get them off the roads and endangering others?

what makes you think i'd let myself get into that position? and why are you so sure he's got what he think it is? are you a doctor or a phd?

same goes to you, are you the traffic police or the judge to suspend wind30's license and get him off the road?

get real, stop being like a naive 12 year old...

what's this talk about censorship board? who's censoring who?

fyi i thought it didn't apply to DEL which is why i took it off.

so you're endorsing reckless drivers and think that YOU shouldn;t do something to get them off the roads and endangering others?

if you can't give any concrete way to get them off the road, neither do i...

if you can't read well enuff, am i endorsing?... probably need for speed or fast & furious need to pay me already...

fyi i thought it didn't apply to DEL which is why i took it off.

well, you implied that i'm censoring your words, too bad i'm not. i'm reporting your postings as bad posts, whatever happens it'll be up to the admin.

same goes to you, are you the traffic police or the judge to suspend wind30's license and get him off the road?

get real, stop being like a naive 12 year old...

who's the one name calling and acting like a 12 year old. In case you haven't noticed I haven't been calling for any suspension of his license. Stop putting words in my mouth.

well, you implied that i'm censoring your words, too bad i'm not. i'm reporting your postings as bad posts, whatever happens it'll be up to the admin.

you're such as hell trying to silence dissenting opinions. if that's not censorship i dunnoe what is.

who's the one name calling and acting like a 12 year old. In case you haven't noticed I haven't been calling for any suspension of his license. Stop putting words in my mouth.

din you ask him to get off the road? or the 3 pages of discussion is just to give him a 2nd opinion? :bsmilie:

thanks doc...

i'll take that as an insult. another bad posting report.

O and your name calling previously isn't an insult? Get off your high horse.

din you ask him to get off the road? or the 3 pages of discussion is just to give him a 2nd opinion? :bsmilie:

thanks doc...

I said get off the road and don't drive and get yourself checked out so something bad doesn't happen... Did i say his license should be suspended? what i dunnoe my memory so bad i cannot remember things that i didn't say.

one more bad posting.

Come on man i'm sure you have more than that. I've seen you get on people's case for alot less.

i'll take that as an insult. another bad posting report.

thanks doc...

To be fair to Garou, I believe the getting off the road was merely a suggestion (not a direct order which is how your making it seem) if wind30 does not feel 100% behind the wheel or is experiencing some sort of consciousness problem.

There is no need to get all high and mighty about it. Id expect better from superusers. Especially as he is trying to help people out, and who knows, possibly save lives!

I said get off the road and don't drive and get yourself checked out so something bad doesn't happen... Did i say his license should be suspended? what i dunnoe my memory so bad i cannot remember things that i didn't say.

isn't that the same?

who are we to ask him to get off the road when he feel perfectly fine... same goes to the rest of those who shares the same experiences...

doesn't mean it don't happen to you now, it won't happen to you later, so if it does, will you at that immediate moment go check yourself into the IMH to do a brainscan and talk to a psychologist and/or psychiatrist?

Status
Not open for further replies.