Drivers' earnings up, cab waiting times down: Raymond Lim

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this case, it is not really the same as half full or half empty.
you either reduce the need for taxi (use a smaller cup) or you increase the number of taxis (fill up with more water)
In this case, they reduced the size of the cup, so the cup is full! problem sovled! (for now...)

you either reduce the need for taxi (use a smaller cup) or you increase the number of taxis (fill up with more water)
In this case, they reduced the size of the cup, so the cup is full! problem sovled! (for now...)
it solve the problem for people who can afford new taxi fares, but not for people who thought of taxi as a reasonable pricing for transport. More people are now being pushed to take the inconvenient public transport or own a car. The cost of transport (consider time as money, and also the fare itself) has been increased more and more, making life in Singapore more costly and difficult for average people, of course not for people who already earning lots of money.

I know that the effect is the same, my point was that they said that "Oh we filled up the cup with more water" when actually what they did was to use a smaller cup. Ie, what they say is not the same as what was done; even if the end result is the same.

Next.. MRT and BUS fare up by 35% to match hike in Taxi fare. Den all will switch back to cab and the cycle repeats.

Haiz.. Now I plan to walk to work or maybe use roller blades. (lucky my office is just 4 bus-stops away from home)

Such a joke isn't it. You need a licence to ride a bicycle? And even when you get the licence, you are only allowed to ride certain routes, and not allowed to engage in any marketing to get passengers?

Only people who have been psycho-ed here accept that this is just.

gahmen should jus phase out such tourist attraction, if ttz wads its called. its sad 2 c it in such bad state. :thumbsd:

it'll b nice to hav some cabbies post their views here. any1 chat w/ any cabbie recently? :cool:

ttz not a solution at all, doh. so we should reduce our population so we can catch a cab more easily betta rite? :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.