Drink Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the rate that the local govt is taking up measures to curtail smoking. Maybe they should do the same for alchohol.

Alcohol consumption only within the confines of your own bedroom.

I agree with jsbn on the punishment. Not just for drink driving but for alot of other offences. The severity and the punishment somehow just doesn't tally up. Maybe I'm a little extremist, but I kind of lean towards a ZT (zero tolerance) policy.

It's either yes. Or no.

For some ppl, half a mug.
For some ppl, 2 mugs.

If u are planning to drink AND drive, may I suggest that u aim for the nearest tree or barrier and drive into it at 100km/h.

Kill urself plz. Not kill others.

Won't work. The person would likely be already drunk. And so... miss the tree. Miss the barrier. And still crash into something else.

At the rate that the local govt is taking up measures to curtail smoking. Maybe they should do the same for alchohol.

Alcohol consumption only within the confines of your own bedroom.

I agree with jsbn on the punishment. Not just for drink driving but for alot of other offences. The severity and the punishment somehow just doesn't tally up. Maybe I'm a little extremist, but I kind of lean towards a ZT (zero tolerance) policy.

It's either yes. Or no.
U can sure bet that Human Rights would again condemn us if govt were to pass legislation on those 3 offences with a maximum punishment of death.

We are not ranked very high on freedom and human rights on an international scale and I guess the last thing the govt would do is to pass legislation that would fuel anti-establishment detractors into a feeding frenzy.... :confused:

We are not famously known as 'draconian' for nothing... Sadly... which I find our laws a little too lax to be honest.

For some ppl, half a mug.
For some ppl, 2 mugs.

If u are planning to drink AND drive, may I suggest that u aim for the nearest tree or barrier and drive into it at 100km/h.

Kill urself plz. Not kill others.

It was a question, go get yourself killed instead. Didn't your parents teach u basic manners?

It is like having the opportunity to spend the night with a beautiful women and it seems just too easy to be true. :think: Or even worse, being confronted to marriage.:eek:

If you have the slightest doubt : DO NOT DO IT !:angel:

It is just not worth it.;)

It was a question, go get yourself killed instead. Didn't your parents teach u basic manners?
It was also a suggestion. Go and kill urself if u are ever harbouring 1 ounce of thought of that. Didn't ur parents educate u on proper civil values, a simple "don't break the law" and basic moral education? :rolleyes:

Seesh. Ppl these days. Bad to worse. *tsk-tsk-tsk* :nono:

And we wonder why the traffic police even allows a slightest bit of alcohol content and have a bar set for it and people who try to aim for it.

Sheesh. Lives are getting pretty worthless nowadays. You pay so much for a car, so that you can break every rule there is, causing hurt and harm to not only yourselves, but others as well.

In some way,alcohol could make you more concentrate on driving(An episode of Fith Gear show this).

And we wonder why the traffic police even allows a slightest bit of alcohol content and have a bar set for it and people who try to aim for it.

Sheesh. Lives are getting pretty worthless nowadays. You pay so much for a car, so that you can break every rule there is, causing hurt and harm to not only yourselves, but others as well.
U dun set a limit, throw blanket ban, ppl say "Draconian, Nanny Laws, Stomping our freedom to even drink".
U set a limit, ppl try to play around the grey area by asking questions like that.

I'm all hands and legs for Blanket Ban on Drink Driving and Capital Punishment for errant drivers who cause others to lose their lives!

Must learn from MRT, every pub have this announcement :

"Attention all drivers. Please do not drink and drive. Please keep our road clean from accident"

Btw, drink orange juice n drive boleh or not? Next time I got licence, wait I be good citizen, I drink only orange juice ;p

Must learn from MRT, every pub have this announcement :

"Attention all drivers. Please do not drink and drive. Please keep our road clean from accident"

Btw, drink orange juice n drive boleh or not? Next time I got licence, wait I be good citizen, I drink only orange juice ;p

orange flavour absolutely ok... absolute vodka... :thumbsup: absolute kantong license...

In major cities in China and in Japan, drivers knew better not to drink at all, not even a sip. An overnight lock-up is minimum when pull over. I sometime wondered if it's civic minded or the law. Setting an acohol limit tends to have drivers pushing the limit and their luck.

It was also a suggestion. Go and kill urself if u are ever harbouring 1 ounce of thought of that. Didn't ur parents educate u on proper civil values, a simple "don't break the law" and basic moral education? :rolleyes:

Seesh. Ppl these days. Bad to worse. *tsk-tsk-tsk* :nono:

Since when did I made a suggestion? Direct your suggestion to your parents since u failed them in basic manners and jumping into conclusions. I hinted to u that it was a question and yet u continued to embarrass yourself. A simple question can draw out such a big moron. Your parents must be very proud it.

Actually I need not explain. I don't even drink or smoke. Asking for knowledge does not mean to do it. Was wondering how much clubbers gauge themselves. Look at Chijmes, St James Pwr Stn, Clarke Quay, etc, carparks are full on weekends.

If the initial question was about narcotics maybe I'd be branded a narcotics 'entrepreneur'?

Since when did I made a suggestion? Direct your suggestion to your parents since u failed them in basic manners and jumping into conclusions. I hinted to u that it was a question and yet u continued to embarrass yourself. A simple question can draw out such a big moron. Your parents must be very proud it.

Actually I need not explain. I don't even drink or smoke. Asking for knowledge does not mean to do it. Was wondering how much clubbers gauge themselves. Look at Chijmes, St James Pwr Stn, Clarke Quay, etc, carparks are full on weekends.

If the initial question was about narcotics maybe I'd be branded a narcotics 'entrepreneur'?

think better keep parents out of the equation... u guys can fight it out offline...

In some way,alcohol could make you more concentrate on driving(An episode of Fith Gear show this).

are you out of your mind? can you show us prove and the video you watched

think better keep parents out of the equation... u guys can fight it out offline...
Can't be bothered with our Mr Fok's (I feel like I'm saying something really bad! :bsmilie: ) comments too.

At times like these, its sometimes really great entertainment seeing the level of English comprehension one has in their moment of wild anger to hit out at ppl's parents so eagerly and fail to capture the entire point. :bsmilie:

I wish he would keep it rolling man. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.