Does lens really has another 3 months warranty? - e warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staro

Nov 30, 2008
I came across many members in the B & S sections openly declaring that their Nikon lens for sales, carry an additional 3 months warranty via online Nikon registration. Is this true?

If not, should the Mods, warn others of such wrong information or otherwise?

Does our Mr. Mod. has a responsiblity to act on the wrong infor or should we report the thread instead?

Cheers:think:

They are all so misled.

Only registered bodies have extended warranties. and ONLY if you register them BEFORE their original warranties end.

And just to add on, unfilled warranty cards means NOTHING to NSC/CSC without a receipt. No receipt, no warranty. Those fellas think its like handphone, warranty card not filled equals to infinite warranty status.

and yes, i think mods should just simply delete off those sales threads that mistakenly mislead the new buyers. Delete the thread and warn the person posting it. Some are geniunely not sure. Some are just lying schmucks, trying to con the unknowing. I sure as hell would not mind doing this job. I just cant stand pple doing this type of thing.

visited nikon club... they said 3 months for DSLR and COOLPIX... so they have changed the rule.

Last edited:
when i checked the warranty status at nikon club, only body has 3 months extra, but lens / flash only 1 year, any idea ??

The 3 months extra warranty is only for body only! ;)

I have received a email confirming my purchase recently and they state if I register on Nikon Club which I checked it did has additional 3 mths. Can someone help to clarify? Or like what is mentioned only body

Dear XXXXXX,

You have registered the following product:

Product Model: AFSXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Serial No.: XXXXXXXXX
Date of purchase: XXXXXXXXXX

eWarranty status: Will expire in 365 Days
eWarranty Start Date: Friday, March 20, 2009

Please be reminded that you are to present the original purchase receipt and warranty card at the Service Centre each time you bring your product for servicing. Only Nikon products that are still under warranty period AND are registered in Nikon Club are entitled to 3-months warranty extension.
eWarranty End Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010

Thank you for updating your product details. You may login at Nikon Club and keep track of your warranty period under My Account.

Have a great day!

Yours truly,
Nikon Club Singapore

i have check with the nikon service center, and they have confirmed through a email reply saying that

ONLY CAMERA BODY HAVE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY

lens standard one year

and if touch wood your lens or body got prob, you bring the warranty card without the receipt i think its pretty much useless...

Clearly stated on nikon club that the extended warranty is for body only...

I came across many members in the B & S sections openly declaring that their Nikon lens for sales, carry an additional 3 months warranty via online Nikon registration. Is this true?

Does our Mr. Mod. has a responsiblity to act on the wrong infor or should we report the thread instead?

AFAIK, only us lens hv extended 4yrs warranty.

My understanding of Nikon warranty is:

(1) Unfilled warranty = nothing. The yellow warranty paper alone is not good enough.

(2) Bring you receipt to prove date of purchase, and enjoy the 1 year warranty from the date of purchase

(3) If without receipt, Nikon will use the date of delivery from distributor to the shop as date of purchase, assuming you bought the product (body/lens) on the same day the stock hit the shop.

Anybody has different understanding from above?

Just to add on to Luntut's thread, my understanding of Nikon warranty is:

(1) Unfilled warranty = nothing. The yellow warranty paper alone is not good enough.

(2) Bring you receipt to prove date of purchase, and enjoy the 1 year warranty from the date of purchase

(3) If without receipt, Nikon will use the date of delivery from distributor to the shop as date of purchase, assuming you bought the product (body/lens) on the same day the stock hit the shop.

Yup I think what is mentioned by the seniors here are correct I log on to nikon club only my cam body has 3 mths extra warranty. Lens ALL DONT HAVE :cry:

But they should make it clearer esp in the email they sent me so misleading.:angry: Instead of all NIKON products they should say only DSLR body and coolpix etc are entitled to extended warranty. :nono:

when i first sent my D80 for servicing (which i bought from CP-Marina), i did not have my receipt with me. I told them the serial number of the unit, the DOP, and the place i got from, through email. NSC managed to confirm with CP-M that the camera with the particular s/n was indeed bought there, and they registered the DOP with that particular s/n into their system. From then on, for subsequent cleanings, I never had to bring my warranty card or receipt down..

thats my experience with NSC. fantastic group of pple working there...

i registered my D90 kit lens.

only body got extra 3mths.
lens bo ...

Mr Member,

Please read this in the Buy and Sell:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4425709&postcount=1

In case you cannot read it let me paste the post here:

"Please note that transactions taking place in the Services Offered / Wanted sectios are in no way related to ClubSNAP and it is entirely up to the buyers and sellers to negotiate and transact.

ClubSNAP will not be held liable for any case of fraud, over-pricing, fake, faulty, damaged goods, services not delivered etc. that arise out of transactions between individual members in this forum.

Caveat Emptor - Let the Buyer/Seller Beware.
"

I hope I have spoonfed you enough.

Dear Sirs/Madam,

In any organisations in Singapore, disclaimers are common and seems as an acceptable practice. I can fully appreciate it. But the organisations are duty bound to do corrective actions, should it cause possible harm to anyone. (Maybe here, there is no possible harm).

Being in the "Nikon section" thread pages, I belief one cannot just ignore the wrongs, if it is found to be "true" that it is wrong. It must be put right. (Because we are in one way or another Nikon users and possibly have some knowledge and instrested to know what is right).

When there is a need, the higher authority might want to assist in clarifying with the relevant concern. This is where it made the forum creditable and professional.

There is nothing wrong the disclaimer statement attached above. All of us trade with our own responsiblity.

But if it is true that Nikon lens does not have an extended warranty by Nikon Singapore registered on line, than we must either advice the thread starter or extend an added service to check it out with the company. (This is because the thread is for Nikon range of products and services.)

From the "Blue worded" thread above, it seems that Nikon Singapore web replied statement or replies were not very clear. Frankly, from the attached by "markyen", I am also not sure if there is or not an extended 3 months.

Please accept my apologies if I have done an answer back to our Mods/Admin. I am not sure of the culture here. Sorry again. :embrass:

Dear Sirs/Madam,

In any organisations in Singapore, disclaimers are common and seems as an acceptable practice. I can fully appreciate it. But the organisations are duty bound to do corrective actions, should it cause possible harm to anyone. (Maybe here, there is no possible harm).

Being in the "Nikon section" thread pages, I belief one cannot just ignore the wrongs, if it is found to be "true" that it is wrong. It must be put right. (Because we are in one way or another Nikon users and possibly have some knowledge and instrested to know what is right).

When there is a need, the higher authority might want to assist in clarifying with the relevant concern. This is where it made the forum creditable and professional.

There is nothing wrong the disclaimer statement attached above. All of us trade with our own responsiblity.

But if it is true that Nikon lens does not have an extended warranty by Nikon Singapore registered on line, than we must either advice the thread starter or extend an added service to check it out with the company. (This is because the thread is for Nikon range of products and services.)

From the "Blue worded" thread above, it seems that Nikon Singapore web replied statement or replies were not very clear. Frankly, from the attached by "markyen", I am also not sure if there is or not an extended 3 months.

Please accept my apologies if I have done an answer back to our Mods/Admin. I am not sure of the culture here. Sorry again. :embrass:

1. Unlike most organisations, this forum is run by unpaid, un-appreciated volunteers, who now are expected to even have to service its members in seeking clarification from retailers etc where the websites concerned have clearly spelt out their terms and conditions. here http://www.nikon.com.sg/pagearticle.php?pageid=136-1dde6f4bca
Stated clearly extended 3 months warranty for all DSLR (camera bodies) and compact cameras only

2. Any members here can pick a phone and clarify with Nikon Singapore concerning their online warranty status. Must it be CS admins or mods to do that as an "added service" to its members, (we are not even charging membership fees here) in order to maintain credibility and professionalism

3. Clubsnap is an online community where members can contribute and share knowledge and resources. Hence members can also do their parts to call Nikon Singapore, clarify and share what they know. That is what forum is about.

4. We will take action to correct the sellers, if we receive any report if there is a fraud or misrepresentation . There is a reporting function to do that, and members should do that. We cannot be and do not have the resources and $ to employ ppl to be all eyes 24/7 monitoring every post.

The bottomline is every members has to do their part. And not be spoonfed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.