Do you know which carpark this pic taken ?

jerryng78

Feb 12, 2020
Hi Guru & friends,

randomly came across this pic (taken in SG), i really like it a lot, but unfortunately, i do not know where it was taken

does anyone know ?

hi bro
yes it is shot in singapore

Attachments

• photo_2020-03-07_23-18-40.jpg
    photo_2020-03-07_23-18-40.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 45
  • photo_2020-03-07_23-18-50.jpg
    photo_2020-03-07_23-18-50.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 45
  • photo_2020-03-07_23-18-58.jpg
    photo_2020-03-07_23-18-58.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 44
  • photo_2020-03-07_23-19-26.jpg
    photo_2020-03-07_23-19-26.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 45
If I am not mistaken, the photo is a fake. In the sense that the creator [SGCarShoot] has some artistic licence to Photoshop.
If the photo is fake, the creator did not do anything ethically wrong. He is not a news journalist, reporting the news.
He is free to embellish, change, chop, add, fictionalise the setting / background / environment of the photo.
The whole idea is to entertain his readers.
Not to report facts and news.

The fanciful circular strip ceiling light fittings seem more suitable for showroom or hotel lobby.
As a building owner, would you spend money like that on decorative lighting for a utilitarian car park with a car elevator?
Common sense tells you no.

I guess for safety reasons Singapore does not allow car lifts that can be automatically activated in this way:
Quote {Please drive forward slowly to activate the car lift } UnQuote.

An auto-call system would require driver to park in the designated auto-call bay.

And why would an Air conditioning Duct run into the shaft space of the car elevator?

The signal lights of the car park elevators in the Photoshopped picture are all wrong.
The green light means the car elevator vertical gate should have been open.
But in the photo the gate is closed.

The large banks of lights are located near to the passenger side.
The banks of lights on driver's side are further away.
The intensity of lighting is stronger on passenger side and the shadows in the photo are completely wrong.
The SHADOW of the car in the photo is as though the source of light is uniformly coming from the top.
This looks like a novice Photoshop mistake and is a dead giveaway.

There are Youtube videos of car park lifts in Singapore.
If this one existed for real, then it would have been covered in the series.
Especially one with such fanciful concentric strip ceiling light fittings. But there is none.

I could be wrong though.

Last edited: