"Do you know the world?" --Competition--

from the angle, if its Singapore, proably somewhere along the coast in the LCK restricted area?

I would have thot it's sungai buloh wetlands, where all the bird watchers would go for there for their birds shots? No?

I would have thot it's sungai buloh wetlands, where all the bird watchers would go for there for their birds shots? No?

That bridge is definitely not the causeway.
Am assuming it's the Tuas 2nd Link. If so, it is not possible to see it from Sungei Buloh Wetlands.
I wonder if it's on the Malaysian side, near Tg Kupang :think:

It is near 2nd link, may be just a 1km away.

it is located between singapore and malaysia.

Merawang Beacon, Tuas. One if the few places in Singapore with seagrass as seen in the picture.

Last edited:
Merawang Beacon, Tuas. One if the few places in Singapore with seagrass as seen in the picture.

gettting much closer and closer. seagrass is the point.
this location is within Malaysia border.

wong_se said:
gettting much closer and closer. seagrass is the point.
this location is within Malaysia border.

Then it should be Pulau Merambong, a small island off Tuas just on the Malaysian side. Can see it from Merawang Beacon. (if it is on mainland, that it should be Pulai Estuary, but you mentioned between Singapore and Malaysia :) )

Last edited:
Corrent. This is not even and island but a seagrass bed which is about size of 1 to 2 football field. It would only surface up in the extreme low tides. Normally just 2-3hours in the early morning, approx. 3-4 days in a month. This seagrass bed is important to estuarine ecosystem, and provides food base for many small creatures, including Hippocampus Kuda. One of the world largest seahorse species.

This site today, might be the only in the world where you could find seahorse without diving/snorkeling. I went there few times to participate a volunteer program, “Save Our Seahorse”. You could read more this program here. 2 slides to share with.

The site and the Program
SOS1.jpg

Seahorse Tagging and Survery Activities
SOS6.jpg

kurrypok , your turn.

Last edited:
Really good effort on your part to save the seahorse !

I will start with a simple one ->

DSC03639.JPG

kurrypok said:
Really good effort on your part to save the seahorse !

I will start with a simple one ->

Hmm... It doesn't look like Singapore river... Is this place somewhere in Korea?

No .. Hint - it is a large city in China.

Can it be Chengdu in Sichuan Province?

You are right. This is Chengdu. I took the photo from the roof of the 36 storey Ascott Serviced Apartment (asked the hotel to open the door to the roof specially) along the LinJiang Road off Ren Min Nan Road.

Another photo from the same shoot, using 8mm towards the Tian Fu Square ->

DSC03651.JPG

Over to you kkgoexplore :)

Chengdu has changed so much since I was last there. :O

You are right. This is Chengdu. I took the photo from the roof of the 36 storey Ascott Serviced Apartment (asked the hotel to open the door to the roof specially) along the LinJiang Road off Ren Min Nan Road.

Another photo from the same shoot, using 8mm towards the Tian Fu Square ->

DSC03651.JPG

Over to you kkgoexplore :)

Haha, a lucky guess based on the river through the city.