Do female newbie photographers get more attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by jOhO
u know wat i was just thinking, if we continue crapping, we'd be proving this thread right? :eek: ;p

Heh I've no idea whether you are a guy or a girl but I think what this thread is most probably right as its only a NATURAL reaction especially if there are young lads who're hormonally charged & would react to anything in a skirt until they know better. LOL :devil:

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
Heh I've no idea whether you are a guy or a girl but I think what this thread is most probably right as its only a NATURAL reaction especially if there are young lads who're hormonally charged & would react to anything in a skirt until they know better. LOL :devil:

Finally, something to sink your teeth into eh Lil? ;)

Anyhow, i don't reckon females get more attention or otherwise. Not too sure where you got your observation either. And honestly, alot of the handles here are so ambigious, it doesn't really matter anymore.

Photographers are photographers... ;p

guy here, couldn't tell from my above posts?

ahhaha sounds like "ning ke sha chuo, bu keng fang guo" approach to chasing gals? aiyoh sounds abit despo leh... :p

Originally posted by finkster
Is it the rarity of females on this forum that make it such a novelty that their male counterparts become more attentive to requests for help or advice made by them?

Do males create an account name and/or avatar that might give an impression that this poster is female to generate more attention?

Does seeing a feminine sounding name appear on the forum make u sit up and pay more attention?

Ladies, do u ever feel u get better responses and help than guys here?

IMHO, Yes, No, No, and last one, don't know :dunno:

Originally posted by Wolfgang
Finally, something to sink your teeth into eh Lil? ;)

Anyhow, i don't reckon females get more attention or otherwise. Not too sure where you got your observation either. And honestly, alot of the handles here are so ambigious, it doesn't really matter anymore.

Photographers are photographers... ;p

Wolfus

I said the thread is probably right. As for my observation ... hehehe - I didn't really noticed it until someone pointed it out to me ....... so there. :devil:

Guess its a natural curiosity hor?

However, to be fair, it doesn't always happen.

the word just sounds so crude to me. :eek:

ehh??? first time I heard it was as a person's name... only when I entered sec sch was I "re-educated"...

as for female attn... yeah ALWAYS... haven't seen a negative example yet, esp in male-dominated sites like this...

Originally posted by Violett
And also we do have fellow female photographers that is 'equipment proud' and holds a strong portfolio. Of course there are tech gals in this forums too.. ;)

Dagger comes to my mind instantly!
*recalls of the photographic arsenal that puts any armed forces to shame* :D

this is irrelevant, but i was thinking, photography by itself is a form of art, but i had this sort of stereotype of that females are typically more artistic than men... so how come we end up with more men lugging massive barrels (lens) and triggers (shutters)?... :dunno:

Originally posted by sehsuan
this is irrelevant, but i was thinking, photography by itself is a form of art, but i had this sort of stereotype of that females are typically more artistic than men

That's an anti-stereotype u know... LOL

but photography is one of those rare level playing fields, since the subject matter and styles are both broad enough to accommodate all types of people...

Originally posted by denizenx
ehh??? first time I heard it was as a person's name... only when I entered sec sch was I "re-educated"...

Yup, for some people, it's really their name! :D This guy i sold my stuff to a few days ago called chee hoong. I had to think twice before saying his name when i called him outside on the phone. :embrass:

...especially if there are young lads who're hormonally charged & would react to anything in a skirt until they know better. LOL :devil:

Sounds very familiar leh.....
;) :angel: ;p :bsmilie:

Originally posted by Mr Fish
Yup, for some people, it's really their name! :D This guy i sold my stuff to a few days ago called chee hoong. I had to think twice before saying his name when i called him outside on the phone. :embrass:

I got an army friend.... his name is Chee Wai.... and guess wat?? His surname is Chow.....

:bsmilie:

Originally posted by finkster
--
Those who say no or disagree are seriously

1) lying.

2) hoping to get into the good books of the females here by presenting themselves in a nicer way.

3) gay.

Sorry, no flames intended, but this is the cold hard truth lah.

Originally posted by Giantnookie
Those who say no or disagree are seriously

1) lying.

2) hoping to get into the good books of the females here by presenting themselves in a nicer way.

3) gay.

Sorry, no flames intended, but this is the cold hard truth lah.

And for people who think this way, are

1. Cynical

2. Thinks this way because he can only think this way

3. I don't see why anyone's sexual preferences have to be brought into this.

Anyhow, this isn't meant to be a flame but if you seriously think this is the cold hard truth, then maybe you ought to go out a tad bit more, or change the company you have been keeping.

Making broad sweeping statements like these doesn't really say alot of oneself.

;p

Status
Not open for further replies.